7 people are interested
Director of Programs
ORGANIZATION: BLACK - Building Leadership And Community Knowledge
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
This position will devise, create, propose and initiate programs directly or coordinate program partnerships for the supportive community of BLACK. The Director of Programs will support the office of the Executive Director in directing the daily program operations for each corporate affiliate, community partnership, program and service. The Director of Programs will report to the Executive Director.
- Prepare briefings on prospective programs or partnerships in advance of meetings
- Participate in committee and board meetings, take notes, summarize minutes
- Attend meetings with funders, politicians, clergy, nonprofit leaders, and community representatives
- support general office duties such as monthly budget reconciliations, board reports, correspondence, database management, and filings
- helps to maintain social media sites to encourage awareness of BLACK's events and mission
- contributes to the monthly newsletter
- look for and suggest ways to develop supportive programming and make existing programs more efficient and productive
- work with the various organizational areas to develop outcome measures and community impact assessments
- Train and be a motivating mentor to staff.
- Lead large group discussions to answer questions and remedy complaints.
- Create and nurture effective communication within the organization.
- Build a strong team through open communication and by collaborating on decision-making responsibilities.
- Initiate and set goals for programs based on the organization's strategic objectives.
- Plan programs from start to finish, including identifying processes, deadlines and milestones.
- Develop and approve operations and budgets.
- Students pursuing or possessing a Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree in Administration or related field or commensurate experience developing programs for NFP organizations
- Director should be adept with Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Web research and be skilled at creating forms, or instruments that help to track goals, outcomes, and financials.
- Excellent oral, written, and communication/presentation skills - Comfortable talking with and interacting with others
- Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid driver’s license, and carry your own liability insurance.
- Ability to work well with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strategic mindset
- Ability to multitask
- Problem-solving skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
About BLACK - Building Leadership And Community Knowledge
Human Resources Development & Training, Chicago, IL 60649, US
Building Leadership And Community Knowledge (BLACK)
Building Leadership And Community Knowledge (BLACK) is for African American civic and community leaders who share the common goal of improving the quality of life among African Americans. Our work at the grassroots level is to educate and engage communities and to provide neighborhood-based services and solutions addressing community problems.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
June 17, 2022
- Youth Services
- Strategic Planning
- Program Management
- Group Facilitation
- Resource Development / Management
- Must be at least 21
- 5-7 hours per week
- Orientation and Training