Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
- Responsible for assisting the Food Service Manager and peers in food preparation and service as assigned.
- For a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Able to display documentation that shows authorization to work in the United States
- Prepare food and snacks and serve meals to guests
- Maintain cleanliness in kitchen, following strict hygiene, health, and safety rules, including cleaning and sanitizing tables, equipment and work area
- Ensure proper storage of leftovers by properly cooling, labeling, storing or discarding if necessary
- Create a friendly and courteous environment with staff and guests
- Take responsibility for delegated activities and bring them to completion
- Provide assistance in kitchen where needed or designated and other specific duties that may be assigned, such as preparation of sandwiches
- May assist with preparations for and service during special functions, such as buffet lunches and JAARS Day other special events
- Maintain equipment and facilities in accordance with national health regulations
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS
- Willingness to serve
- Carry out tasks quickly and competently while following instructions
- Follow instructions
- Ability to walk, stand and be on feet for several hours
- Use your initiative and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Interest in food service area
- Food preparation experience helpful
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.