DONATE TO THIS
86 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: MINORITY VETERANS OF AMERICA
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
86 people are interested
MVA is looking for a Salesforce Developer to join our Information Technology department. This role is responsible for all types of standard Salesforce Development and customization. This includes coding, unit testing, building applications, and creating and modifying existing applications. The ideal candidate for this role is an innovative thinker who seeks out challenges and thrives in mission driven work. Successful candidates will be forward thinking, self-driven and autonomous, a team player and leader, and be committed to radical inclusion in all of their work.
The Salesforce Developer position will work closely with functional leaders, organizational units, and subject matter experts in developing solutions. This position will be responsible for all technical aspects of Salesforce, including data migrations, data quality, systems integrations, 3rd party applications, AppExchange products, and custom code.
- Must have the ability to work independently and in partnership with a team. Must possess the ability to define and work on deadlines. Applicants will also need to be self-directed and willing to take initiative as well as detail-oriented, respect and maintain the confidentiality, and possess an enthusiasm for the mission of the organization
- Participate in the determination of organizational policies regarding such issues as participant eligibility, program requirements, and program benefits
- Prepare and maintain records and reports, such as budgets, personnel records, or training manuals
- Speak to community groups to explain and interpret agency purposes, programs, and policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Direct activities of professional and technical staff members and volunteers
- Evaluate the work of staff and volunteers to ensure that programs are of appropriate quality and that resources are used effectively
- Ownership of all technical aspects of Salesforce, including data migrations, data quality, systems integrations, 3rd party applications, AppExchange products, and custom code
- Responsible for developing in Visualforce, Apex, Java, AJAX, and other technologies to build customized solutions that support business requirements and drive key business decisions
- Technical leadership, setting best practices including integration and application development, deployment, testing (unit and systems), and iterative refinement
- Seek out ways to utilize SFDC to improve processes and productivity, and make recommendations to support an organization scaling at a rapid pace
- Define, communicate, and manage a change management (release) process to develop and implement new applications/code and updates to existing applications/code
- Create Salesforce reports and be able to stablish connections to SharePoint/QuickBooks
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, Fellows, or Leaders
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Scheduling Work and Activities
- Thinking Creatively
- Analyzing Data or Information
Deductive Reasoning ,Innovation, Information Ordering ,System Analysis, System Evaluation, Time Management, Judgment and Decision Making ,Critical Thinking ,Complex Problem Solving ,Self-Motivated, Administration and Management
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's and master’s degree in computer science, Software Engineering, MIS or related field
- 4-7 years of previous development experience with Salesforce (Certified Salesforce.com Developer and Admin)
- Solid understanding of and detailed experience with Salesforce.com architecture and API
- Detailed experience writing Visualforce and Apex classes and triggers
- Experience using Salesforce data tools (Data Loader, Excel Connector, DemandTools, Eclipse Force.com IDE)
- Strong understanding of relational databases
- Demonstrative success with multiple Salesforce.com integration projects
- Experience integrating Salesforce.com with other applications via real-time, batch, sync/async
- Experience with scripted data loader, web services, cloud or on-premise middleware and other enterprise integrating technologies
- Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, creating/deploying solutions to end users
- Technical project management experience
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
Why you should join us?
- Excellent opportunity to gain experience working in an established Non-Profit Organization
- Network and connect with key organizations (nonprofits, corporations, and government) and members of the veteran community
- Working with Consulting firms to develop the Salesforce application for the organization
- Sharpen your strategic management skills by gaining people leadership and management expertise while also getting numerous opportunities to learn, up-skill and grow with us!
About Minority Veterans of America:
Minority Veterans of America is a non-profit organization that serves minority and underrepresented veterans. The organization was established in Seattle, WA in 2017 and organizes nationally through programs and events that take place throughout the year.
Minority Veterans of America recognizes and supports all applicable AAP/EEO work laws and regulations
27 More opportunities with MINORITY VETERANS OF AMERICA
About MINORITY VETERANS OF AMERICA
PO Box 23054, SEATTLE, WA 98102, US
Minority Veterans of America (MVA) is a 501(c)(3) organization that is dedicated to create belonging and advance equity for underrepresented veterans. MVA will receive grants for four key purposes: The primary underrepresented groups that MVA serves are: veterans of color, womxn, LGBTQ, and religious and non-religious minorities. We believe that through bringing these four minority groups together, we can build a veteran community that encompasses veterans from a wide range of diverse backgrounds and experiences. By bringing together these specific communities of underrepresented veterans, we are able to hear the voices and stories and better understand the needs of those that we wish to serve. In properly advocating for the needs of our constituents, we have the opportunity to change the landscape of services for those who feel as though they have been forgotten in the veteran community.
MVA was founded in November of 2017 by two University of Washington Husky veterans, Lindsay Church and Katherine Pratt. Church and Pratt first began their work in 2014 through the Husky United Military Veterans where they built a Diversity Committee that celebrated the underrepresented groups within the student veteran community at the University of Washington.
Since 2014, Church and Pratt have collaborated to lead the student veteran population at the UW, Church through her role in the Student Veteran Life office, and Pratt as the President of the student veteran organization, Husky Veterans. Today, they partner to build and grow MVA in order to celebrate the identities that they both feel that they hold that make them underrepresented in the veteran community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 3, 2023
- Database Administration
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Days and hours of work are dependent upon the volunteer’s schedule. This role requires a minimum of 15-20 hours per week. Volunteer will be required to attend one monthly Director’s and Manager’s meeting per month and one quarterly All Call
- >Should be physically based out of the United States > Basic understanding of inclusion, racial equity, and social justice concepts