3 people are interested
Local Translation Services
ORGANIZATION: Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Are you bi-lingual or multi-lingual , and interested in helping Habitat GSF communicate with community members about the valuable resources and services we provide? We’re looking for volunteers that are interested in attending community events and/or translating collateral to ensure San Franciscans of all backgrounds know about our valuable resources and services. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key Responsibilities: Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Provide translation services at community events
- Assist volunteer services and marketing team translate materials which will be distributed to homeowners
- Facilitate communication between Habitat staff and homeowners and/or clients
- Provide support in fielding inquiries about Habitat’s homeownership opportunities
Time Commitment (will vary depending on the task): Open to creating an ongoing relationship with Volunteer Services staff. Available 2-3 times a month to support translation services at community based events.
- Fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin, Spanish, Vietnamese, Tagalog, or Arabic languages
- Comfortable giving a presentation in person and on Zoom
- Able to work with people of varying backgrounds and income levels
- Compassionate and patient
- Attention to detail
About Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco
500 Washington Street, Suite 250, San Francisco, CA 94111, US
At Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco our mission is to provide local families with a springboard to secure, stable futures through affordable homeownership , financial literacy and neighborhood revitalization .
Habitat Greater San Francisco believes that people should have safe, healthy, affordable places to live, play and grow. And we believe there’s power in numbers - and that by mobilizing our own neighbors, we can change people’s living situations for the better.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 10, 2022
- Cantonese / Mandarin
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Open to creating an ongoing relationship with HDD staff and homeowners. A few meetings with our HDD staff. Available 2-3 times a month for application assistance appointments