Virtual Homework Hotspot Math Tutor
The Thaddeus Foundation
Virtual Homework Hotspot Math Tutor
We empower girls and women to move from hopeless to hopeful!
The Thaddeus Resource Center is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to restore HOPE, inspire GROWTH, and EMPOWER girls and women through education, life skill development, workforce training, and other supportive services.
This is an opportunity to work directly with students to help them understand the topics they learn in the classroom and provide them with the strategies they need to succeed in school. The position will assist with tutoring small groups of Middle School students (grades 6th - 8th) in Math. The tutor will work under the Program Director to ensure students are getting the support they need. The position requires someone who can assist students with homework, clarify topics that students are struggling with and help develop the student’s study skills.
The tutor will cooperate and work towards meeting the Homework Hotspot overall objective, which is providing tutoring, mentoring, and enrichment courses to middle school students at no cost to the participant. Moreover, Homework Hotspot strives to achieve a balance of academics and recreational fun to cultivate wholesome development.
- Due to Covid-19, this position is 100% virtual until further notice
- All responsibilities will be done fully remotely, at volunteers' discretion/time
- Must be available to work 10-15 hours per week VIRTUALLY
- Must be available for the following VIRTUAL weekly meetings:
- Weekly All Staff Meeting: Mondays 12pm - 1pm
- Must be able to commit to this position for at least 1 year (accommodations can be made for school schedules, as well as exams)
- Work closely with students
- Lead a group tutoring session to assist students with their homework
- Help students address any academic gaps and needs
- Help students improve their study skills
- Motivate and support students to achieve their academic potential
- Possess strong personal integrity and ethical principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Is responsible and self-motivated
- Is respectful of others
- Be a positive role model
- Enjoys teaching and helping others
- Possess strong organization, time management, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with staff, parents and youth
- Possess a positive outlook and the ability to motivate and encourage others
- Must have reliable form of transportation
- High School Diploma or currently enrolled in a high school
- Ability to pass the mandated reporter exam
- Volunteer must have the appropriate technology, internet connection and ability to function in a virtual capacity via Microsoft Teams
- Learn to be flexible and adapt to each students’ method of learning
- Learn to create content and strategies aimed to grow students’ skills
- Learn to lead and conduct group study sessions
- Learn basic communication techniques to convey key concepts to students
- Receive direct supervision from the Homework Hotspot Director
- Participate in professional training offered to all employees
- Build resume and explore career options
- Apply skills and knowledge to the workplace
- Flexible scheduling to allow for changes in class/work schedule and final exams
*** We are an equal opportunity employer. ***
About The Thaddeus Foundation
640 South Garey Ave, Pomona, CA 91766, US
Inspire HOPE and growth in youth and women in need.
The Thaddeus Foundation is a non-profit dedicated to helping at risk youth, single moms and special needs families!