DONATE TO THIS
19 people are interested
Creative Coordinator - Social Media
DONATE TO THIS
19 people are interested
MVA is looking for an Creative Coordinator - Social Media to join our Communications team. This role will be responsible for overseeing and facilitating the production of various communication products and timelines. The ideal candidate for this role is an innovative thinker who has a commitment to developing and empowering teams and thrives in mission driven work. Successful candidates will be an autonomous team leader that’s committed to radical inclusion in all of their work.
* Must have the ability to work independently and in partnership with a team. Applicants will also need to be self-directed and willing to take initiative as well as detail-oriented, respect and maintain the confidentiality, and possess an enthusiasm for the mission of the organization
* Oversees the day-to-day workflow of writers and assigns topics
* Creates and maintains internal publication calendar; organizes contributors and schedules according to this calendar.
* Assigns new projects to team and coordinates workflow to ensure collaborative teams.
* Drafts, edits, and proofreads original communication content.
* Reviews illustrations and graphics used for relevance and cohesive message.
* Monitors project progress and completion according to scope and deadlines.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
- Communicating with Persons Outside Organization
- Thinking Creatively
"Written Expression & Comprehension","Problem Sensitivity ","Deductive Reasoning ","Inductive Reasoning ","Innovation","Fluency of Ideas","Information Ordering ","Time Management","Judgment and Decision Making ","Critical Thinking ","Coordination","Social Perceptiveness ","Collaboration", "Customer and Personal Service ","English Language ","Clerical","Computers and Electronics ","Communications and Media"
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Copy writing and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Communications Management Technology - Buffer, MailChimp and Social Media Platforms - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIN
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience with running a business, non-profit, community organization, or political Facebook page, Instagram account, and Twitter account.
Why you should join us?
- Excellent opportunity to gain experience working in an established Non Profit Organization
- Network and connect with key organizations (nonprofits, corporations, and government) and members of the veteran community
- Sharpen your strategic management skills coordinating a team of contributors to create a final product while also getting numerous opportunities to learn, up-skill and grow with us!
About Minority Veterans of America:
Minority Veterans of America is a non-profit organization that serves minority and underrepresented veterans. The organization was established in Seattle, WA in 2017 and organizes nationally through programs and events that take place throughout the year.
Minority Veterans of America recognizes and supports all applicable AAP/EEO work laws and regulations.
About MINORITY VETERANS OF AMERICA
PO Box 23054, SEATTLE, WA 98102, US
Minority Veterans of America (MVA) is a 501(c)(3) organization that is dedicated to create belonging and advance equity for underrepresented veterans. MVA will receive grants for four key purposes: The primary underrepresented groups that MVA serves are: veterans of color, womxn, LGBTQ, and religious and non-religious minorities. We believe that through bringing these four minority groups together, we can build a veteran community that encompasses veterans from a wide range of diverse backgrounds and experiences. By bringing together these specific communities of underrepresented veterans, we are able to hear the voices and stories and better understand the needs of those that we wish to serve. In properly advocating for the needs of our constituents, we have the opportunity to change the landscape of services for those who feel as though they have been forgotten in the veteran community.
MVA was founded in November of 2017 by two University of Washington Husky veterans, Lindsay Church and Katherine Pratt. Church and Pratt first began their work in 2014 through the Husky United Military Veterans where they built a Diversity Committee that celebrated the underrepresented groups within the student veteran community at the University of Washington.
Since 2014, Church and Pratt have collaborated to lead the student veteran population at the UW, Church through her role in the Student Veteran Life office, and Pratt as the President of the student veteran organization, Husky Veterans. Today, they partner to build and grow MVA in order to celebrate the identities that they both feel that they hold that make them underrepresented in the veteran community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 2, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Days and hours of work are dependent upon the volunteer’s schedule. This role requires a minimum of 10-15 hours per week. Volunteer will be required to attend one monthly Director’s and Manager’s meeting per month and one quarterly All Call
- >Should be physically based out of the United States > Basic understanding of inclusion, racial equity, and social justice concepts