Literacy Services of Wisconsin
Volunteer tutors will work remotely via zoom, other online platforms or phone with adult students. Subjects may include English language, math, science, reading, and writing. Volunteers will provide support for students to improve their skills and reach their educational goals.
Estimated Time Commitment:
- High school diploma and some college
- Must be patient, compassionate, supportive, and enthusiastic
- Should be able to follow directions to ensure instruction is delivered with consistency and fidelity
- Should be willing to receive ongoing training to keep pace with their students
- Should be independent and resourceful
- Must have valid email address and regular email access, and comfortable using technology
- Be reliable and inform Program Staff ahead of any absences
- Motivate students with positive reinforcement, patience, and enthusiasm
- Refer to training materials to hone skills and find information
- Ask questions whenever they arise; program staff are available to assist you
- Adhere to the procedures and methods described in your training; check with program staff before incorporating different materials into lessons
- Report specific concerns or issues to the program staff and assist in resolving any problems
To apply, watch our volunteer orientation video and submit an application at https://literacyservices.org/volunteer/
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Literacy Services of Wisconsin
555 N. Plankinton Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53203, US
Literacy Services of Wisconsin educates, motivates, and inspires engaged adults to achieve greater independence and transform their lives.
Literacy Services of Wisconsin is the longest volunteer-driven provider of adult literacy and basic education in the Milwaukee area. We are driven by our core belief in the power of education at any age to positively change lives.