Join the Board of Directors of ReDefiners World Languages
REDEFINERS WORLD LANGUAGES
ReDefiners World Languages is a non-profit organization located in Tampa, FL USA with the mission of promoting social change, creating equity in educational opportunities and providing a competitive advantage for youth and adults. We achieve this mission through our world language classes, enrichment programs and community cultural events.
ReDefiners World Languages is currently developing its Board of Directors with opportunities available for individuals with a background in Corporate Finance (CPA, Bookkeeper, Banking, etc.), Administration (Executive Administrative Assistant, Administrative Support, etc.), Corporate/Non-Profit Fundraising, Public Relations, Sales, Marketing or corporate leadership.
Great opportunity for individuals who are:
- Passionate about social justice, education, multilingualism and globalization
- Transitioning to mature stage in his/her/their career
- Seeking opportunities to provide pro-bono services
- Underwhelmed with work/life responsibilities
- Want to use experience/skills to support a worthwhile cause
- Highly organized, self-motivated, innovative and seeking to make an impact
The imminent role of the Board of Directors is to provide fiduciary responsibility, review programs and budgets, and strategically solicit funds to support the sustainability and scalability of ReDefiners. The role of each member of the Board requires that members perform a balance of asking big questions, exploring alternative possibilities, engaging in real dialogue, solving problems and offering direction.
Open Board Roles:
- Public Relations Chair
- Fundraising Chair
- Strategic Alliances Chair
- Personal contribution of $1200 per year ($100/month)
- Tax deductible contribution
- Professional/skilled Pro-bono Service/Advice
- Opportunity to significantly contribute towards a cause that you value
- Renewed sense of purpose
- Personal and Professional Development
- Expand Professional Network
- Tax Benefits
- Fulfillment of Corporate Social Responsibility Requirements
- Advertising/Marketing Opportunities
- 1-Year (Renewable Term)
- Quarterly Zoom Meetings (2 hours per meeting)
- Quarterly deliverables based upon position
About REDEFINERS WORLD LANGUAGES
8056 N. 56th St., Tampa, FL 33617, US
To promote social change, create equity in educational opportunities, and provide a competitive advantage for youth and adults through language and cultural enrichment programs.
Our organization is deeply grounded in our core values. We believe all children, regardless of background, are capable and deserving of language learning opportunities, language learning needs to begin before age 10, intercultural education and authentic relationships promote greater peace and in today’s society, students need to become global citizens.
Founded by a full-time educator, parent, and advocate for language learning, ReDefiners is a non-profit organization that prides itself in being a pioneer in the early language education programing in Hillsborough County. The organization is made up of qualified teachers, international student volunteers and business professionals who are passionate about language and cultural education. We offer language classes in Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), Spanish and English to youth and adults.