Serve your community from your home with The Birthday Giving Program - Bismarck, ND
ORGANIZATION: BIRTHDAY GIVING PROGRAM
Please visit the new page to apply.
Opening a birthday giving chapter is easy, fun, and a great way to give back to the community! Here's how it works:
1. We schedule a video call with you to explain how the process works.
2. Our first choice is to find a Salvation Army location (or another organization that is willing to pick up the birthday bags from your house) that is geographically close to where you live.
3. We contact the Salvation Army (or another organization that is willing to pick up the birthday bags from your house) and explain The Birthday Giving Program's mission. This organization should be able to pick up the birthday bags from your house.
4. You order the birthday bag supplies off of Amazon or another online store and have the gifts shipped to your house. Each birthday bag costs between $5 and $10, depending on how many gifts you decide to put in the bag. Your goal is to provide 10 birthday bags to the organization each month. Each birthday bag includes the same gift items, which will go to kids of a specific age group!
5. Once you have packed the birthday bags, you contact the organization and they pick up the birthday bags from your house!
If you are interested in serving the senior citizen or veterans division let us know and we can find an organization to connect you with!
About BIRTHDAY GIVING PROGRAM
11647 LIBERTY LN, PLAINFIELD, IL 60585, US
Can you imagine being a kid (or even an adult for that matter) and not having a cake and gifts on your birthday? Everyone has a birthday and everyone deserves to be celebrated. Due to budget constraints, the organizations we serve do not have the funds to provide for birthdays. Our organization fills this void and brings joy, happiness and respect into the lives of those who are often neglected. The Birthday Giving Program's mission is to provide birthday bags and celebrations to children, adults, senior citizens, and veterans affected by poverty, addiction, abuse, homelessness, violence, physical/mental challenges, old age, and loneliness. Our mission is to ensure that everyone is celebrated and never forgotten. Birthdays are important because they provide the confidence, love, and hope people need to commemorate their existence in the world.
The organization was founded by teens and young adults and started off extremely small. Initially, The Birthday Giving Program was partnered with one organization in Aurora, Illinois. Today, we are partnered with over 100 organizations.
Since the organization was founded in May 2017, we have raised over $45,000 and delivered over 4,500 birthday bags. The Birthday Giving Program serves over 100 organizations across 37 states (plus the District of Columbia) along with the help of over 100 volunteers.
We have been recognized by several news outlets including CNN, WGN News, and the Naperville Sun.
The Bismarck AreaBismarck, ND 58507
March 20, 2022
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 12
- Orientation or Training
- 3 or 4 hours per month
- Be willing to contribute or fundraise $25 - $100 per month for the birthday bags (ALL gifts must be store bought).