Disaster Health Services Volunteer Avery County
American Red Cross
Disaster Health Services Associate
Be ready to help after a disaster! Due to predictions for an active hurricane and wildfire season and the complexities of COVID-19, the Red Cross will need thousands of volunteers to care for people when disasters strike. Train now to be a Red Cross Disaster Health Associate Volunteer so you can answer the call when your community needs it most!
Disaster Health Services Associate is a position to work in person, during an/or after a disaster event this hurricane/wildfire season. Volunteers in this role provide assistance and healthcare to shelter residents as needed.
Disaster Health Services Associate duties/requirements include:
- Assist with daily living, wound care, and functional needs.
- Provide health education and helping to replace medications, durable equipment, and consumable supplies.
- MUST HAVE an unencumbered license in medical field
- Willing and able to volunteer in a COVID-19 environment before, during and/or after a disaster.
- Have strong relationship building and communication skills along with availability to complete self-paced online training.
Time Commitment: Local: Minimum of 5 days working between 4 - 12 hours shifts; Beyond Region: Minimum of 14 days working between 8 - 12 hours shifts.
About American Red Cross
100 Edgewood Road, Asheville, NC 28804, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.