Remote Life Skill Mentors- Covid-19
Mentor's R Us Inc.
Mentor's R Us Inc. (MRU) is a Christian non-profit organization whose mission is to inspire and model sustainable life skills through the engagement in hands-on experiences for youth and adults.
MRU is currently seeking Remote Mentor's who will provide developmental services to youth within the community. Mentor's effectively help youth with the organization and routine development that will facilitate the completion of daily responsibilities. This is completed by creating action plans and following-up with goals set by mentor's. Mentor's will help youth with Life skills workshops by creating ThreeDVisionBoards and helping youth problem solve.
Examples of basic life skills may include life skills, interpersonal skills, social skills, hygiene, shopping, proper nutrition, cooking, conflict resolution skills, faith talks, money management, and any other unique challenges. Mentor's also make connections to vocation, educational resources, and other community resources as needed.
A time commitment of at least 8-16 hours or two days a week. To be determined negotiated.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Act as a coach or teach life lessons for mentee's
- Develop personal and positive rapport with youth.
- Meet with mentee on a consistent basis.
- Meet via social media with team and with Mentee on technology such as Zoom, Skype, etc.
- Creating goals, action plans and checking benchmarks.
- Must have a computer & access to Skype/ Zoom.
- Must have Cell Phone
- Must be available to recruit and interview new youth for the program.
Qualifications of a successful candidate will include:
- Between the ages of 25 - 60.
- Clean background check.
- Valid drivers license
- Able to work in the US
- Reliable transportation
- Clean driving record
- A small financial requirement (TBA) (for background check)
- Desire to work with youth
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Possess a high level of patience
- Ability to Meet for training before Workshop Start dates
- Flexible free time to participate in eight-week workshop with youth
https://smile.amazon.com/ch/20-4885703 - Please use and spread this link;)
About Mentor's R Us Inc.
At Select Locations, Scotrun Estates, ScotRun, PA 18332, US
Mentors R Us Inc. (MRU) is 501 c3 Christian non-profit organization seeking to inspire youth & adults by modeling sustainable life skills. What sets MRU apart from other non profits is our commitment to effective service, relationship building & our unique program designs. All are welcome to volunteer!!!!!
MRU acknowledges that Inspiration can unlock the keys to hidden potential in youth and adults. Our Programs match real world experiences with dreams that seem unattainable.
This program promises to improve relationships, self-esteem, social & life skills, emotional stability, morals, health and spiritual awareness. Mentor's and Mentees meet in teams for extra support. Activities are pre-arranged by topic to create the most beneficial environment for the youth and the Mentor.
MRU's Independent Living Program: Mentor's & Mentee's will share living quarters as MRU's philosophy expand to the home base. Mentee's will transition through the program in approximately three years until they gain their own independence into society.