Chairman of the Board
Poppy Life Care Foundation, Inc.
Poppy Life Care is approved by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) organization in the United States. We are endorsed by GuideStar which specializes in the reporting of U.S. non-profit companies. We have many opportunities to make an impact, grow your network and business portfolio while building a non-profit and working in an agile startup environment. We hope you will consider us in your search!
Top Reasons to Work with Us:
We are paving the way to education and care programs and looking for candidates that want to join us in making a difference. Candidates should excel in fast-paced environments, express a willingness to learn, be passionate about what they do and ideally have a strong background in education, business, non-profits, or startups.
We are rapidly growing and have unique opportunities available!
Not only are we passionate about what we do, but WHY we do it, which is to help children and their families that are living with spectrum disorders, ADHD, anxiety, depression and more. We want to do our part in changing their quality of life for the better. We believe that care, education, and support for children and their families should be easily accessible.
Check us out at www.poppylifecare.orgThe Board Chair will support and sustain the work of PLC, and provide governance leadership and strategic fundraising support. Specific responsibilities include:Leadership, governance, and oversight:
- Being a trusted advisor to the CEO as she develops and implements PLC’s strategic plan
- Developing and managing relationships and communicating with: funders, partners, and other stakeholders
- As a board member, approving PLC’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by PL for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics
- Coordinating an annual performance evaluation of the CEO
- Assisting the CEO and Nominating Committee in recruiting board members
- Periodically consulting with board members on their roles and helping them assess their performance
- Planning, presiding over, and facilitating board and committee meetings; partnering with the CEO to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring PLC’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the community PLC serves.Fundraising
- In collaboration with the CEO, generating substantial annual revenue and fostering PLC’s overall financial health
- Personally treating PLC as a top philanthropic priority reflected in an annual financial gift
- Ensuring that 100 percent of PLC’s board members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about the success of PLC’s beneficiaries and who has a track record of board leadership. The selected Board Chair will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing board members.
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- Demonstrated success as a nonprofit board member or board chair
- Track record of building credibility in the funding community that has resulted in major gifts to a nonprofit
- A commitment to and understanding of PLC’s beneficiaries and mission preferably based on experience
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills coupled with a natural affinity for public speaking
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of PLC’s beneficiaries
Remote and flexible work schedules, including 10-15 hours per week. Hours may be scheduled during regular business hours (Monday - Friday between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.).
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
****** MUST LIVE IN THE U.S. TO APPLY ******
About Poppy Life Care Foundation, Inc.
4590 MacArthur Blvd., Suite 500, Newport Beach, CA 92501, US
Poppy Life Care is a United States non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that is determined to educate and empower children and their parents struggling with children’s health issues related to spectrum disorders, development disorders, ADHD, anxiety and depression. Our goal is to facilitate awareness and education while building innovative care programs, which we hope to accomplish alongside our local communities, its businesses and people. We believe in helping each other as part of an ecosystem of local business, healthcare groups, academic institutions and professionals alike.
We believe that we can make a real impact on children's health by implementing unique care programs that include an interdisciplinary approach to education, treatment and therapies. We also believe that care, education, and support for children and their families should be easily accessible.
Poppy Kids Educational Curriculum - we need bright minds and skills to help organize these programs, implement and promote them withing schools. The purpose of the education curriculum is to provide media such as video, children's and parents books or packages that provide guidance, promote acceptance and encourage lifestyle changes. In addition, these media outlets can be resources for parents and children alike to help them cope with daily challenges or ongoing pains.
Poppy Care Directors Program -- This program offers in-home care and support for kids with autism, ADHD, anxiety or depression. The purpose is to relieve parents of the often times demanding therapy sessions, provide an in-home "assistant" that gives parents the ease of mind that they have someone there to help them. As this program develops, there are more support systems created that we will implement.