Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
Become part of the JAARS team that makes Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
It takes many hands and a team effort to accomplish the task. Your skilled position will free others to use their skills to help further Bible translation, too.
Manage and maintain the greenhouse, grow and nurture quality flowers and plants.
This is a 20 hour per week (depending on the season) position for a volunteer or career staff person who raises support.
- Order seeds, root cuttings, soil in October/November; Start early seeds by early planning years
- Maintain constant awareness of greenhouse temperature, ventilation, heat, and water needs
- Observe transplant period for various flowers and plants; Apply pesticides, fungicides, and growth regulators as needed
- Water plants correctly to ensure quality and profitability
- Establish greenhouse business hours and sell plants; Sell early vegetable plants starting around March 15
- Start main plant sales during best planting months
- Water flower containers around campus and entrance to Townsend every day during growing season.
- Remove summer plants, replace with fall/winter plants when needed
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Knowledge and experience in seed germination, plant growth, temperature control, optimum watering practices, and chemical usage
- A degree in horticulture is a plus, but not required
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.