Director of Prayer & Spiritual Development
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
To foster and encourage spiritual vitality and development across the entire JAARS community.
- Develop and implement prayer and spiritual development strategies across the JAARS campus
- Guide and equip JAARS Center staff to pray regularly for all nations and all language communities by name
- Encourage and promote various prayer groups on campus
- Ensure spiritual and emotional support to the staff reporting to you (i.e. Chaplains, LimboLinks, Widows Network, etc.)
- Schedule, organize, and execute various spiritually-focused days (e.g. World Day of Prayer, Scripture Celebration, Spiritual Vitality Days, etc.)
- Serve as an active member of the JAARS leadership team
- Work well with other leaders at JAARS
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embraces the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS
- Bachelor’s degree
- Formal or informal training in prayer ministry
- Strong personal prayer life demonstrated by personal habits of prayer
- Relevant, demonstrated leadership gifts, both in spiritual and practical realms
- Proven leadership in corporate prayer times
- Ability to encourage and model effective prayer for nations and language communities
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.