Administrative Assistant for Refuge 139
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
We are looking for a multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. The candidate should be able to process all applications for any volunteers who desire to go on our trips, providing polite and professional assistance. The candidate should also be able to handle other related paperwork for each trip.
- Handle office tasks, such as filing, processing applications, and generating reports
- Screening applications, providing background checks, keeping good records
- Mailing or emailing pertinent information to all volunteers
- Producing trip packets for the team leaders.
- Use computers to create reports and conduct research. Must be able to work in Google Docs.
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, email, and mail.
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS
- Associate's degree or experience in a related field
- Prior administrative experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others
- A willingness to learn
- Willing to go on at least one Refuge 139 trip a year, if possible
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who is committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their native language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.