1 person is interested
Be the Comfort in the Storm- Become a Shelter Volunteer! - Missoula
1 person is interested
Inspire hope and spread kindness through action! The Red Cross is preparing for another extremely busy disaster season. This year’s wildfire outlook is already very active and dangerous because of the severe drought and dry woodlands across the West. It’s critical to have a trained and ready volunteer workforce to make sure we can provide relief at a moment’s notice. Be ready to stand up when disaster strikes by training now as a Shelter Service Associate.
As a Red Cross shelter volunteer, you'll be part of a team providing a safe place to rest and a path toward recovery:
- In-person shelter support to assist with reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information collection and other vital tasks to help those we serve
- Provide excellent customer service to clients
- Availability to travel within region (minimum of 5 days working 4-, 6- or 12-hour shifts on consecutive days) -or- travel to surrounding states (minimum of 14 days working 8- or 12-hour shifts on consecutive days). Travel and lodging expenses are covered.
- Complete the required virtual self-paced training (approximately 5 hours of training) within 30 days.
- Watch: Red Vest in action at https://youtu.be/VqwIwSV_URg
It’s through the efforts of volunteers that we do extraordinary things! Will you be ready to wear the red vest? Complete your application now at www.redcross.org/volunteertoday -or- click on the I want to Help button to request more information.
Safety First! Our need for volunteers is constant and our guidelines reflect the latest CDC and local-government COVID-19 safety recommendations.
Email our team at IDMT.Recruiting@redcross.org
About American Red Cross Idaho and Montana
5380 W Franklin Rd, Boise, ID 83705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
2401 N Reserve StMissoulaMissoula, MT 59801
August 10, 2021
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Response
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Complete 5 hours of training and be able to serve for 14 consecutive days. The hours are long, the work is hard, but the experience will change you forever!