High School Ambassadors in Corona : Community Service to Make a Difference (Virtually)
The New York Times called our nonprofit, ChangingThePresent.org, "an Amazon.com of the nonprofit world."
We are recruiting high-performing high school students in Corona and nationwide to join us as School Ambassadors.
How You Benefit
Use your skills, talent, and creativity to:
- Make a difference as we channel to nonprofits some of the $450 billion Americans spend each year on birthday, wedding, and holiday presents
- Take on a leadership role, learn, and develop your skills
- Make friends and build your network at your school and nationwide
- Enhance your resume with a record of achievement and community service(this should qualify for school community service hours).
We are hiring for the summer and/or for the school year.SchoolAmbassadors work three to four hours per week.Much of the work can be done online, so school does not have to be operating in-person for you to join us.About Changing The Present
At the same time the causes and nonprofits you care about desperately need far more funding, Americans spend $450 billion a year on birthday, wedding, and holiday presents. Of course, many of those presents are simply a waste of money.Imagine how much good that money could do it if were donated to nonprofits, instead!
We help nonprofits capture some of that fortune. We do it by making the experience of a donation, which you give in a friend's name, feel like a rewarding present and an appealing alternative to buying yet more "stuff." We provide:
- Tangible charitable gifts (preserve an acre of the rain forest, fund an hour of cancer research, etc.)
- Personalized printed greeting cards
- Wish lists and registries
- Gift cards, etc.We already work with hundreds of the most prestigious nonprofits in the country, and we are now opening the site to all nonprofits so they can all attract additional funding for their important missions.
What People Say About Working With Us See what current and former interns say about the experience of working with us at ChangingThePresent.org/reviewsThis is Prestigious and Competitive We seek students who:
(If you can spend at least ten hours per week, please see our other opportunities at ChangingThePresent.org/join.
- Are enrolled in grades 9-12 at a public, private, or charter school in the United States (we hope to have two ambassadors per grade at each school)
- Have an outstanding academic record and a proven history of leadership
- Are active and involved in activities at their school and/or the surrounding community
- Commit to at least three to four hours per week for the summer or for the full academic year.
What You Will Do
Promote awareness of and participation in Changing The Present among students, faculty, and student organizations, while also promoting the concept of donations as a meaningful alternative to traditional presents. You will:
Guidance and Independence
- Use social media, the school newspaper, newsletters, flyers, etc. to grow awareness of our program
- Seek support from student influencers
- Encourage student council, clubs, and teams to create charitable fundraising pages on the site, which help them raise more money and recognize them for all of their philanthropy
- Invite the PTA, booster clubs, and other organizations to use our fundraising tools
- Collaborate with school departments, teachers, and the administrationencourage students to create profile pages and charitable wish lists or registries
- Start a Changing The Present club at your school (founding an organization looks great on a resume)
- Invite local nonprofits, schools, and teachers to register, so they can capture new funding .
We will provide detailed instructions, message templates, downloadable flyers, digital graphics, and other marketing assets for your use. You will certainly have more ideas, which we welcome and encourage you to share with the other Ambassadors.A Community of School Ambassadors
We will have multiple School Ambassadors at each school, and we will provide an online community for you to connect with one another, as well as with Ambassadors in your city and nationwide. That will let you collaborate, share tips, and celebrate your successes.Other Opportunities with Changing The Present
We have a wide range of other internship and volunteer roles, including:Interns and Volunteers at our office or remotelySocial Media Managers for each charitable causeHigh School Ambassadors in every community.More Info and How to Apply
Please see https://ChangingThePresent.org/pages/hs-ambassadors for more information. That page has an application form.We will get back to you very quickly.Please Share
We hope you will also share this opportunity with other students at your school and other schools-inCosta Mesa and beyond-who might be interested.
Thank you very much! We look forward to hearing from you.
401 7th Avenue, level B, New York, NY 10001, US
ClassWish.org helps schools and teachers get the supplies and equipment children need to explore their potential and excel.
Few schools have enough money for the supplies and equipment children need to explore their potential and excel. Art supplies, musical instruments, science equipment, books, computers, sports gear, even paper for the printers and copiers are in short supply, and budget cuts are making it much worse.
ClassWish.org helps teachers and schools inspire and tap support in their communities:
· Teachers and school leaders create wish lists of the resources they need
· Parents, alumni, businesses and others in the community can see exactly what is needed and how they can help
· They contribute online and may match their donation with one to a low-income school that needs more support
· Donors receive a receipt for their tax-deductible donation
· ClassWish ships the items directly to the schools, at no cost The result? Teachers get the support they need. Parents and communities are engaged in supporting classrooms and funding the things they care about. And everyone is united in helping our children learn, grow and perform at their best.