Do you want to give back and \help your community when a natural disaster strikes during Covid-19?
Join the American Red Cross as a Disaster Shelter Service Associate today!
The Shelter Service Associate is a temporary position assigned to work in person in a Red Cross shelter before, during and/or after a disaster event. Shelter Service Associates complete tasks necessary for shelter operations and provide assistance for disaster clients. Shelter Service Associates support the day-to-day activities within a shelter which may include working in reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information, or other areas within a shelter.
If you answer "yes" to any of the following questions, please consider applying for this very important opportunity!
1. Are you willing to work in person in a COVID -19 disaster shelter before, during and/or after a disaster event?
2. Will you be available for locally for shifts when shelters are opened this hurricane/wildfire season?
3. Do you have or have access to internet connectivity to take training and sign up for shifts?
4. Do you have 2 years’ experience supervising 5 or more individuals?
5. Are you available to go beyond your region for a minimum of 14 days to work in a shelter?
For more information, contact The National Capital and Greater Chesapeake Region Volunteer Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org!
About American Red Cross - National Capital & Greater Chesapeake Region
4700 Mt. Hope Drive, Baltimore, MD 21215, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to a service member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
Any Where in Fredrick CountyFredrick, MD21702
September 15, 2020
First Aid / CPR
Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
Driver's License Needed
Must be at least 18
Orientation or Training
Local: 4-, 6- 8- or 12- hour shifts. Single shifts acceptable.