Language Translator Specialist
Job Title: Translator
Translator Job Purpose
Interprets written or spoken material into one or more other languages, ensures meaning and context are maintained, creates glossaries or term dictionaries, possesses knowledge of multiple languages, works with individual clients and corporations.
Translator Job Duties
- Reads through or listens to material in one language, ascertains understanding of the meaning and context of that material, and translates or converts it into a second language, making sure to preserve the original meaning
- Translates online, video, and television media by providing subtitles
- Consults with subject matter experts and other colleagues in order to understand specialized concepts and translate them appropriately
- Refers to online translation tools for additional assistance with translation
- Follows up with client to ensure satisfaction and understanding
- Adheres to industry quality standards established by the Association of Translation Companies to ensure that all completed work follows legal and ethical obligations
- Translates a variety of documents including literary, educational, and commercial materials
- May specialize in a particular industry in which he or she has relevant experience or knowledge, such as medicine, the arts, business, or finance
- Works on a freelance basis
Translator Skills and Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree preferred, Associates Degree acceptable, with either/or along with experience in translating for advertising flyers, announcements, correspondence, etc. Fluency in at Least Two Languages, Written and Verbal Communication, Understanding of Grammar, Knowledge of Specific Subjects, Interpersonal Communication, Accuracy, Attention to Detail, Motivation, Ability to Meet Deadlines, Ability to Work Under Pressure. Proficient in Microsoft Word; Email and Google Drive/Google Docs experience desirable.
4646 N. First St., Bethel Temple - Quad "A", Fresno, CA 93726, US
A community non-profit organization with a mission of keeping children 1) In school, 2) Off drugs, 3) Out of gangs, & 4) Teen pregnancy prevention. Boys2MEN-Girls2Women is a non-profit organization developed to serve the community by assisting children from 2 to 18 years of age in becoming productive members of society by instilling positive, spiritual, cultural, educational, vocational and social values.
We as a team penetrates and infiltrates local elementary and secondary schools and unearth children who have Fallen Through the Cracks (FTC). Once FTC children are identified a Boys2MEN/-Girls2Women, Mentoring/Tutoring Club is established on school campus, churches, and community centers, and each FTC child is then incubated, nurtured, tutored and inspired towards greatness.