Disaster Health Services Supervisor
AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
Disaster Health Services Supervisor is a temporary position assigned to work in person before, during and/or after a disaster event this hurricane/wildfire season.
The purpose of this role is to lead a team of Disaster Health Services responders to provide health services care to shelter clients. This role will act as the liaison from the Disaster Health Services team to the shelter manager. Advocacy for client needs is a primary purpose of this role.
- Lead team of licensed healthcare professionals
- Act as liaison for DHS team with shelter manager
- Assist DHS service associates with documentation and data gathering (including C-MIST interview).
- Communicate access and functional needs of clients to shelter manager
- Provide hands on care as necessary, including assistance with activities of daily living, wound care, incontinence care, health assessments, health education, and determination that a higher level of care is needed for client
- Observation and health screening for COVID-19 like illness for all shelter clients daily
- Lead the management of an isolation care area.
- Complete required virtual self-paced training for position (8 hours total)
About AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
724 S. George Street, York, PA 17401, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.