Social media volunteers interact with supporters on social platforms, and help to tell the Red Cross story across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Flickr, Instagram, and others. We are looking for communications professionals or higher level college students (junior or senior level) who are studying communications.
Showcase Red Cross services and program through social posts including photos and videos.
* Train and encourage Red Cross volunteers and employees to use their personal social accounts to share information about the Red Cross.
* Respond to mentions and direct messages. Join existing conversations by validating information, correcting misinformation, recognizing partners, and sharing information.
* Post content on Facebook, Twitter, blogs and the Red Cross Disaster Action Room across the region.
* Post Red Cross activities to followers from events first-hand
* Alert leadership to any negative posts
* Active on personal social media accounts
* Experience with managing professional social accounts
* Willing to make social media accounts public and share with Red Cross teams
* Regularly check email and have regular Internet access
* Intermediate to advanced proficiency in using social media sites
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Emergency & Safety
Media & Broadcasting
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
July 31, 2020
Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Brand Development & Messaging
Copy Writing / Copy Editing
Social Media / Blogging
Must be at least 18
Flexible. Time commitment depends on level of activity and needs of the regional communications department.