22 people are interested
Volunteer K-12 Tutor
22 people are interested
The Knowledge Exchange Inc. is looking for motivated and consistent tutors to join our volunteer instructor ranks! No teaching experience is required, but our ideal candidate typically:
***We have a high need right now for in-person instructors and instructors comfortable with tutoring GED students ***
- Has no criminal record (absolutely no felons, non-violent and non-drug related misdemeanor will be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- College student or exceeded college
- Motivated and consistent with communication and timing
- Knowledgeable in the subject the tutor wants to teach
- Comfortable around kids and teenagers in the 5-20 age range group
- Fluent with English
- Due to COVID-19: Must have a working microphone and/or a camera for virtual tutoring
- Basic computer skills (word, zoom, etc) and must have basic applications (email, slack, texting)
- A schedule that is open and flexible
- Background in teaching or the field of education
- Has a passion for teaching and recognizes the nonprofit's mission of promoting education equality
Have any questions about the role?
Next step is to apply directly at
*Due to COVID-19, tutoring sessions are virtual or in-personon a case by case scenario. In-person sessions will be strict on following all COVID guidelines. Updates will continue to be regulated *
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE INC
6204 AUTUMN LEAF DR, FREDERICKSBURG, VA 22407, US
To promote educational equality by providing affordable learning options to meet our community's educational needs.
The Knowledge Exchange is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that promotes educational equality by providing affordable tutoring and workshops to anyone in need.
We are a diverse group of professionals in many fields such as education, engineering, healthcare, business, and finance. We specialize in K-12 education (general and special ed), select college topics, college prep (applications and tests), and personal coaching (resume writing, taxes, personal finance, physical training). Guest instructors will also occasionally offer workshops to share their field of expertise.
To build a sense of community in our students, we also encourage all students to volunteer with their instructors in many volunteer events hosted either by The Knowledge Exchange, our partners, or our affiliates.
6204 Autumn Leaf DriveFredericksburg, VA 22407
August 8, 2021
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours minimum (2 one-hour tutoring session minimum)
- Must be consistent in communication and timing with the student and the nonprofit. If no-show to a tutoring session without 24 hours notice within the first week, volunteer will immediately be dropped.