Brighter Tanzania Foundation
Title: Compliance Director
Reports to: Executive Director
The role of the Compliance Director is maintaining official records and documents, and ensuring that these documents comply with federal, state and local regulations, as well as monitoring and oversight of a range of both fiscal and non-fiscal compliance functions.
- Works with Accounting and Compliance department to ensure that financial compliance is maintained
- In conjunction with Accounting and Compliance department, Development Director, and Executive Director, ensures that sound business practices are in place to maintain transparency
- Researches the need for permits and licenses as needed
- Manages files for all federal and local compliance including but not limited to: 501(c)(3) status, tax returns, registration for charitable solicitation, sellers permits
- Ensure compliance with state charitable solicitation registration laws
- Keeps detailed records of when to report to states to maintain charitable solicitation status
- Ensures Accounting and Compliance department submits annual reports and other necessary documentation (tax returns, etc) in a timely manner with all necessary fees
- Periodically research updates to solicitation laws and Charleston Principles
- Maintains copies of corporation’s Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws for reference
Other assigned duties:
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings
- Provide coordination and participation in fundraising activities
About Brighter Tanzania Foundation
8383 GREENWAY BLVD, PMB 633, MIDDLETON, WI 53562, US
Our mission is to alleviate poverty and inequality in Tanzania through education and support of the local economy.
The function of Brighter Tanzania Foundation is to raise funds for the purpose of establishing and running schools in Tanzania. BTF's first school, Saving Grace, provides education for orphaned and impoverished students at no charge through charitable donations and student sponsorship. The goal of Saving Grace is to provide excellent educational opportunities as well as a home for the students, without placing the burden of those expenses on their families. We ensure that the school is supplied with enough money to continue making progress, not only to provide for current students, but to grow the school in an effort to educate even more deserving children.