Business & Operations Volunteer
A Free Bird
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization provides children diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passions and give them the strength to fight their disease. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in their exploration of a range of self expression such as art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and much more!
In this role you will facilitate cross-departmental communication to ensure organization operational efficiency. This will require you to evaluate and resolve internal priorities. To be successful in this role, you should exhibit an extensive track record of team leadership and effective resource allocation. This position also plays an integral role in the maintenance and improvement of budget management strategies.
There are a variety of opportunities in this department, as it works with the entire organization. Depending on your professional experience, we will determine more specific responsibilities.
- Conduct research on best business practices and interpret the resulting data.
- Make recommendations based on data analysis.
- Assist in the formation of internal training and talent development programs.
- Protect the organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Develop quarterly reports and support in maintaining the annual budget.
- Identify cost reductions to maximize allocation of funds to AFB Programs.
- Work with integrated business management tools and CRM software, Salesforce in particular.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 2+ years experience in a related field.
- Ability to adapt operational strategies in the context of uncertainty.
- Consistent record of successfully multitasking under pressure.
- Experience leading teams to achieve measurable goals.
- Competency in budget management and resource allocation methods.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with strategic partners.
Due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19 and its severity, the organization has committed to working remotely. We care about our interns/volunteers’ health and we will adapt to the new working environment accordingly.
Proper at-home working capabilities include laptop, smartphone, and connection to WiFi/internet. Must be available to have a phone/video conversation at least once per week.
About A Free Bird
146 smith st, Brooklyn, NY 11201, US
A Free Bird aims to provide the opportunity for children diagnosed with cancer to continue explore their artistic passion, and to give them the strength and the power to fight their disease.
A Free Bird is a start-up non-profit organization dedicated to fighting childhood cancer through art and music therapy. We provide children aged 6 -18, who are diagnosed with cancer, the chance to pursue their passion for the arts.
We believe that the strength and healing powers of the arts are the best therapy!
A Free Bird supports children diagnosed with cancer in their exploration of art, music, acting, poetry, creative writing, graphic design, singing, and any other artistic passions that they may have.
A Free Bird addresses the needs of both children currently fighting cancer and of recovering children through two main programs Dream, FIGHT FREE and FREE.