28 people are interested
ALERT!! Blood Transportation DRIVERS Needed Now! -Deliver Blood & Save a Life!
28 people are interested
Did you know you could help save lives by simply delivering blood and blood products from our blood distribution centers to local hospitals and delivering convalescent plasma? Gain valuable training and experience while providing an invaluable service to the community! EVENING DRIVERS NEEDED! WEEKEND A PLUS!
It's critical that The American Red Cross needs volunteers to transport blood and blood products in a safe and timely manner. Volunteers are critically needed as COVID-19 cases rise. We ask for a valid state driver’s license, 3-years of driving history, a clear motor vehicle report, and the ability to lift up-to 50-lbs.
Share with your friends & family! It's CRITICAL! We need volunteers as COVID-19 cases rise!
* Transport blood or blood products from blood distribution in Pomona center to local hospitals.
* Pick up and return boxes as needed.
* Complete required paperwork and obtain signatures.
* Communicate and share feedback between Red Cross personnel and customers.
* Drive in a safe and responsible manner.
* Willingness to support Red Cross mission
* Valid CA state driver’s license - 3 years driving experience
* Familiarity with geographic area and driving routes
* Able to verify safe driving records with state or insurance
* Current car registration and insurance required if using own vehicle (Red Cross vehicles also provided)
* Experience to demonstrate reliability
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Successful completion of American Red Cross Defensive Driving Course (within 6 months of placement)
Training: We provide all the training!
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY"
Sign-up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689.
About American Red Cross, Riverside County Chapter
6235 River Crest Drive, Suite A, Riverside, CA 92507, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
he American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 5, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 10+hours/week Preferred: 1-year commitment; renewable We are flexible!
- Transportation Specialist Training, On the job training!