14 people are interested
Volunteer Medical Scribe
14 people are interested
The Borland Free Clinic is the only free clinic in Washington County and the only free clinic that sees both children and adults within Clackamas County. We aim to address the primary care needs of the uninsured and underinsured members of our community, as well as those who are falling through the insurance gap.
A medical scribe is responsible for capturing, in real-time, accurate and detailed documentation of patient encounters on the EMR system (Athena) for healthcare providers during clinic hours. A scribe allows the provider to give high quality care and attention to the patient diagnosis and treatment plan as well as optimize the provider’s efficiency and productivity. The scribe position offers a healthcare-directed student the unique opportunity to receive mentorship from experienced providers,
The medical scribe should be available on clinic days (Monday and/or Thursday) during clinic hours (3:00-7:00 pm). The medical scribe should also be able to arrive at the clinic early to prepare for patients and potentially stay after the clinic to finish up documentation with providers.
- Be at least a college undergraduate student, preferably pre-health
- Exceptional computer skills and the ability to learn quickly how to operate the EMR
- Organized, thorough, accurate and conscientious
- Be able to type at least 60 words per minute
- Be able to be compassionate and welcoming towards underserved community members
- Must be willing to learn:
- Common medical terminology
- Common medical abbreviations
- Common medications
- Common lab tests
- Basic anatomy
- Accompany the provider during the office visit with the patient and be present for the duration of the visit with the exception of parts of the physical examination
- Record the History of Present Illness (HPI), Review of Systems (ROS), Physical Exams, and Assessment and Plan
- Enter/maintain the patient’s Past Medical History, Social History, Family History, Current Medications, and Problem List
- Enter the visit diagnoses, lab orders, and prescriptions
- Locate patient information such as lab tests, prior medical records, demographic information, etc. via the EMR system
- Ensure proper communication between nurses and providers regarding patients
- Assist the provider in navigating the EMR
- The volunteer will be trained on the Athena EMR
03:00 PM to 07:00 PM
Mondays and Thursdays
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About BORLAND FREE CLINIC
3550 SW BORLAND RD, TUALATIN, OR 97062, US
To provide hope and healing to vulnerable people in our community as an expression of Christ's love.
Founded in 2012 we are a faith-based free Primary Care Clinic. In 2017 we began offering a CDC-recognized Diabetes Prevention Program and classes for patients struggling to control their diabetes. In 2018 we opened our doors to anyone who does not have insurance or is underinsured seeking medical care. We are run almost entirely by volunteers and do not charge for any of our services. We are the only free medical clinic in our area seeing both adults and children. We are growing rapidly as we seek to provide services to an increasing patient population of Latino, homeless, immigrant and other underserved communities. We offer assistance to those seeking eligibility for Oregon Health Plan and wanting help in locating social services and free medications.
3550 SW Borland RdTualatin, OR 97062
September 24, 2021
- Data Entry
- Basic Computer Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Sign up for at least 1 shift per month!
- If you are interested, please fill out the application at: https://form.jotform.com/61957289562168