Help needed! PR for Tastes of Brooklyn GIft Card for small biz, kids
Seeds in the Middle
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
25 people are interested
Dp you love Brooklyn? A foodie? A culinary person? Or just someone who wants to help during these tough times?
Then help us build AND PUBLICIZE a pandemic Tastes of Brooklyn Passport GIFT CARD that lures folks to all the wonderful eateries of this borough. We hope people will buy these as gifts to create their own food and drink crawls to boost local bars and restaurants and bakeries PLUS help us build 10 farm stands in food-insecure neighborhoods.
CAN YOU DO SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS FOR US TO PROMOTE ALL THESE WONDERFUL PLACES AND HELP US GET MORE? CAN YOU SIMPLY BUY THEM OR ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO DO SO?
See who's in so far: bit.ly/brooklyngiftmap
See the event: bit.ly/tastesofbrooklyngift
Usually, our Tastes of Brooklyn events are food and drink crawls for a day... this idea is to allow people to go out anytime through St. Patrick's Day - so that businesses won't suffer as much from lack of customers due to cold weather.
We need help to get places to take part in this first-ever Tastes of BK Passport PLUS get people to buy them. Let's keep our businesses alive throughout the borough of Brooklyn.
Let's boost up the businesses while fighting health disparities and inequity spotlighted by the pandemic.
You can help these ways:
1. Call places of business and ask if they want to take part (they get 80 percent and the charity gets 20 percent of sales_
2. Help sell the passports to friends and family and help us publicize
3. Put up posters and post about the passports and participating places on social media.
4. Stop by your favorite restaurants, bars, bakeries or other businesses and ask if they want to take part
5. Using the Passport, create a day for people ot use them in your favorite neighborhood.
6. We hope to feature these neighborhoods - all welcome - Gowanus-Red Hook, Park Slope - 5th Ave to Prospect Park, South Slope to Sunset Park, Flatbush-Midwood, Crown Heights-Prospect Heights, and we can add others if you help us.
7. Reach out to media to get advertising
8. TAKE PHOTOS OF YOUR FAVORITE PLACES OR SHORT INTERVIEWS SO WE CAN SHARE ON TASTES OF BROOKLYN PLATFORMS LIKE Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Our food and drink crawls are joyful, delicious events we feature in different neighborhoods. This time, we're particularly worried about COVID-19 so we need everyone to work together to ensure we keep safe while supporting worthy causes.
Email us to get a map of places we are targeting to participate in the Passport. If you can call or email or do anything virtual, that is fine.
Here's other ways to help
- Hand out masks, sanitizers and gently ask people to keep distance so all are safe (we need patrols:)
- Hand out flyers
- Working with youth at Hip2B Healthy Market/Farm stands, making fresh juices and lemonade to raise funds for Seeds in the Middle's farm stands
- Distribute Passports to participating places so they can sell
- Selling Passports
- Take photos of places and food and dishes and drinks and post on Instagram, FB. Twitter
- Come on out before the event and interview restaurants and do one minute videos for social media
- Anything else you want to offer to do!
Please note this is a fundraiser. There are no complimentary tickets for volunteering
. We are sorry but it's really important that we help out these businesses and work together so everyone can get healthy food, even in food deserts, and prevent diseases like diabetes caused by malnutrition.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Seeds in the Middle
153 Warren Street, BROOKLYN, NY 11201, US
Seeds in the Middle partners with students, educators, parents & their communities to access all opportunities, beginning with improving health, enhancing arts education and greening their environment. We empower and educate all to get healthy and scale educational and social disparities. Our pilot schools are in central Brooklyn, a neighborhood with among the city’s highest obesity, diabetes, and heart disease rates. We teach how to grow, market, cook, access and prepare fresh food, how to exercise & engage in the arts, all the elements needed to promote life-changing lifelong health. Our volunteers come from all walks of life. We cross cultures. We transform gray into green, destitution into inspiration.
Seeds in the Middle offers joyful, healthy interventions that nurture the whole child and address the multiple obstacles blocking low-income children and families from getting healthy. We teach how to grow edible gardens, run a student-led Hip2B Healthy Market, bring chefs into schools, started soccer, running and fitness programs at school and in the community and music and arts in the schools. We integrate professional development for teachers so that a healthy lifestyle and environmental stewardship becomes organic and sustainable in the school community. To build community, we created Soccer for Harmony tournaments and the Crown Heights Farmers Market. In two years, we have engaged more than 1,000 families, and students and teachers report changing their habits to include more fruits and vegetables, and fitness. This is a pilot for any school and Seeds in the Middle plans to replicate.