Director of Volunteer Engagement
A FAITH THAT DOES JUSTICE, INC.
The Director of Volunteer Engagement provides oversight and management of the volunteer program for A Faith That Does Justice (AFTDJ) . Critical to this role are the abilities to build strong partnerships both inside and outside AFTDJ and to recruit, place and retain a diverse and energized group of dedicated volunteer resources. Working with other AFTDJ Core Volunteers , the Director of Volunteer Engagement will work to expand the number of volunteer opportunities and ensure that vital AFTDJ operations are appropriately staffed in order to meet organization’s mission and goals. The Director of Volunteer Engagement will periodically interact with other volunteers to ensure that they remain committed to service with AFTDJ and have a rewarding personal and developmental experience while volunteering.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and manage a new volunteer strategy that offers volunteers a meaningful, long term relationship with AFTDJ
- Work with other core volunteers to a ssess opportunities and needs for volunteers develop innovative opportunities for volunteer service throughout the organization
- Maintain a list of all volunteer roles with the focus on those that are "open"
- Maintain open volunteer position listings in VolunteerMatch and the AFTDJ website
- Respond to in-person, telephone, email and web communications from both prospective and active volunteers
- Recruit, screen, orient and match highly skilled volunteers with appropriate opportunities
- Work with other volunteer leaders to c reate volunteer policies and procedures, including volunteer forms, volunteer position role descriptions, volunteer handbook and a code of conduct
- Create volunteer orientation materials and work with other core volunteers to develop and administer program-specific volunteer training materials, as needed
- Determine communication protocols for volunteers and those working with them
- Promote the volunteer program, recruit volunteers, and significantly grow volunteer participation through public presentations, social media, the w ebsite, and volunteer events
- Maintain a r eporting system to collect and track all volunteer information and participation
- Evaluate and mitigate risks associated with volunteer positions and ensure controls are in place to protect volunteers, programs, AFTDJ and the community
- Assist with conflict resolution among volunteers
- Train core volunteers to work effectively and cooperatively with supporting volunteers in their area of focus
- Create and implement a volunteer recognition program and activities
- Provide periodic updates on status and priorities to other volunteer leaders
About A FAITH THAT DOES JUSTICE, INC.
300 NEWBURY ST, BOSTON, MA 02115, US
A Faith That Does Justice is an interfaith organization that raises consciousness about social issues affecting the most vulnerable among us and offers opportunities for people to walk in solidarity with those who our society marginalizes. We welcome people of all races, religions, cultures and sexual orientations. We are respectful of our differences and seek to learn from each other ways to overcome the social, political and economic barriers that may separate us.
What We Do:
A Faith That Does Justice has three components:
- Monthly Workshops that bring English speaking and non-English speaking people together to realize that committed faith ought to be lived in action on behalf of justice for all.
- Community Meetings, held four times each year, focus on social issues that affect the most vulnerable among us. These have included presentations on immigration, housing and homelessness, and racism.
- Faith in Action, an initiative that emphasizes the works of mercy. We offer English as a Second Language to enable those in need of better language skills to function in the work place and society.
Who We Are:
We are a volunteer-run program, helping people from different faith traditions walk in solidarity with those less fortunate than themselves. Volunteering with A Faith that Does Justice allows you to put your faith into action and make a difference in the lives of the less fortunate.
Who We Seek:
We are looking for volunteers skilled in the following areas and ask that volunteers commit at least 3 hours per week:
* Bilingual outreach
* Community organizing
* Team leadership