4 people are interested
Director of Volunteer Engagement
4 people are interested
A Faith That Does Justice (AFTDJ) is an interfaith organization that challenges people to experience God by living their faith intentionally in service to others. We do this by showing how unjust societal structures marginalize people and by acting to help those in need. Our vision is people intentionally living their faith in action.
The Director of Volunteer Engagement provides virtual oversight and management of the volunteer program for AFTDJ. Critical to this role are the abilities to build strong partnerships both inside and outside AFTDJ and to recruit, place and retain a diverse and energized group of dedicated volunteer resources. Working with other AFTDJ Core Volunteers, the Director of Volunteer Engagement will work to expand the number of volunteer opportunities and ensure that vital AFTDJ operations are appropriately staffed to meet organization’s mission and goals. The Director of Volunteer Engagement will periodically interact with other volunteers to ensure that they remain committed to service with AFTDJ and have a rewarding personal and developmental experience while volunteering.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and manage a new volunteer strategy that offers volunteers a meaningful, long term relationship with AFTDJ
- Work with other core volunteers to assess opportunities and needs for volunteers develop innovative opportunities for volunteer service throughout the organization
- Maintain a list of all volunteer roles with the focus on those that are "open"
- Maintain open volunteer position listings in VolunteerMatch and the AFTDJ website
- Respond to in-person, telephone, email and web communications from both prospective and active volunteers
- Recruit, screen, orient and match highly skilled volunteers with appropriate opportunities
- Work with other volunteer leaders to create volunteer policies and procedures, including volunteer forms, volunteer position role descriptions, volunteer handbook and a code of conduct
- Create volunteer orientation materials and work with other core volunteers to develop and administer program-specific volunteer training materials, as needed
- Determine communication protocols for volunteers and those working with them
- Promote the volunteer program, recruit volunteers, and significantly grow volunteer participation through public presentations, social media, the website, and volunteer events
- Maintain a reporting system to collect and track all volunteer information and participation
- Evaluate and mitigate risks associated with volunteer positions and ensure controls are in place to protect volunteers, programs, AFTDJ and the community
- Assist with conflict resolution among volunteers
- Train core volunteers to work effectively and cooperatively with supporting volunteers in their area of focus
- Create and implement a volunteer recognition program and activities
- Provide periodic updates on status and priorities to other volunteer leaders
About A FAITH THAT DOES JUSTICE, INC.
300 NEWBURY ST, BOSTON, MA 02115, US
A Faith That Does Justice is an interfaith organization that challenges people to experience God by living their faith intentionally in service to others. We do this by showing how unjust societal structures marginalize people and by acting to help those in need. Our vision is people intentionally living their faith in action.
Inspiring faith in action.
What We Do:
A Faith That Does Justice has four components:
- Faith in Action, an initiative that emphasizes the works of mercy. We offer English as a Second Language to enable those in need of better language skills to function in the work place and society.
- Community Meetings focus on social issues that affect the most vulnerable among us. These have included presentations on immigration, housing and homelessness, and racism.
- Monthly Workshops that bring English speaking and non-English speaking people together to realize that committed faith ought to be lived in action on behalf of justice for all.
- Communications, email and social media posting on social justice and faith topics to educate our readers and to remind and inform readers about important social justice issues such as racism and immigration.
Who We Are:
We are a volunteer-run program, helping people from different faith traditions walk in solidarity with those less fortunate. Volunteering with A Faith that Does Justice allows you to put your faith into action and make a difference in the lives of the less fortunate.
Who We Seek:
As a fully volunteer organization, we rely on the talents, skills and dedication of volunteers to carry out our mission. We ask that volunteers commit at least 3 hours per week supporting our endeavors.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 19, 2021
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Must be at least 25
- ~10 hours per week, will vary
- Since most of our volunteers reside in the Greater Boston area, it is desirable that the Director of Volunteer Engagement also reside in that area.