Vacant Lot Clean-up / Saturday, April 17th @ 9 am to 1 pm
Urban Development Corporation
Urban Development Corporation (UDC) is a nonprofit organization doing work on the N.E. Side of Detroit. We are continuing in our efforts to renovate 2 adjacent vacant lots and assist the next-door neighbor with needed landscape work.
We would be delighted to have some additional helping hands and are calling upon individuals, corporate employee volunteer teams, civic organizations, churches and fraternities, and sororities to come out for a few hours of giving back and helping fun while doing so.
All tools and equipment needed will be provided. All activities will be performed with social distancing and the wearing of facial masks. If interested in participating contact us at email@example.com.
PLEASE ONLY CONTACT US IF YOU ARE TRULY WILLING TO LEND A HELPING HAND IN OUR EFFORTS TO REVITALIZE INNER-CITY DETROIT NEIGHBORHOODS. REMEMBER THE DATE SATURDAY, APRIL 17TH.
About Urban Development Corporation
2727 Second Avenue, Suite 129, Detroit, MI 48201, US
Improve the quality of life and bring about positive life-style changing experiences of low to moderate income families who live in urban communities. In carrying out our mission Urban Development Corporation serves as a catalyst in the revitalization of communities through the development of activities and programs which promote clean, drug-free, healthy, safe and enjoyable family lifestyles.
The uniqueness of our organization is our willingness to address counter productive behaviors which plague many urban communities, they include: random gunshot firing, slum lording, illegal dumping, liquor stores on nearly every corner, vandalism, and the selling of illicit drugs. These activities are major contributing factors to the rapid deterioration of inner city neighborhoods and lead to a large number of eyesore houses having to be torn down.
Our efforts are currently concentrated in the following areas:
- Beautification and clean-up of inner city neighborhoods.
- Substance abuse awareness and prevention.
- Broadening the horizon of inner city youth through exposure to future career opportunities, the fine arts, and recreational activities.
- Acquisition and renovation of deteriorating properties.
- Unemployment and underemployment.
- Addressing environmental pollution concerns and issues.
- Serving as a liaison between residents, businesses; local police and municipalities to alleviate illegal activity.
- Rehab of our donated building which will be utilized as a community/employment center.