Vacant Lot Clean-up / Saturday, September 26 @ 9 am to 1 pm
Urban Development Corporation
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
5 people are interested
Urban Development Corporation (UDC) is a nonprofit organization doing work on the N.E. Side of Detroit. For the past several weeks, we've been diligently working to transform a vacant lot within our targeted area into a community gathering space. Through the help of many volunteers, we are making significant strides towards our goal each week.
UDC still has more debris and vegetation to cut down and bundle and could utilize the helping hands of 6 or more volunteers this coming Sunday from the hours of 9 am to 1 pm. Individuals and groups are invited to outcome and lend a helping hand. All tools needed will be provided.
All tools and equipment will be provided. Activities will be performed with social distancing and use of PPE. If interested in participating contact us at email@example.com. All activities performed will be performed with social distances.
PLEASE ONLY CONTACT US IF YOU ARE TRULY WILLING TO LEND A HELPING HAND TO HELP DETROIT RESIDENTS AND CAN COME OUT FOR A FEW HOURS ON September 26, 2020.
About Urban Development Corporation
2727 Second Avenue, Suite 129, Detroit, MI 48201, US
Improve the quality of life and bring about positive life-style changing experiences of low to moderate income families who live in urban communities. In carrying out our mission Urban Development Corporation serves as a catalyst in the revitalization of communities through the development of activities and programs which promote clean, drug-free, healthy, safe and enjoyable family lifestyles.
The uniqueness of our organization is our willingness to address counter productive behaviors which plague many urban communities, they include: random gunshot firing, slum lording, illegal dumping, liquor stores on nearly every corner, vandalism, and the selling of illicit drugs. These activities are major contributing factors to the rapid deterioration of inner city neighborhoods and lead to a large number of eyesore houses having to be torn down.
Our efforts are currently concentrated in the following areas:
- Beautification and clean-up of inner city neighborhoods.
- Substance abuse awareness and prevention.
- Broadening the horizon of inner city youth through exposure to future career opportunities, the fine arts, and recreational activities.
- Acquisition and renovation of deteriorating properties.
- Unemployment and underemployment.
- Addressing environmental pollution concerns and issues.
- Serving as a liaison between residents, businesses; local police and municipalities to alleviate illegal activity.
- Rehab of our donated building which will be utilized as a community/employment center.