1 person is interested
Disaster Health Service Associate Huntsville, AL
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Alabama Mississippi Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Disaster Health Services Service Associate is a temporary volunteer position assigned to work in person before, during and/or after a disaster event this hurricane/wildfire season. Volunteers in this role provide assistance and healthcare to shelter residents as needed.
· Provide hands on care for shelter clients to include but not limited to assistance with activities of daily living, wound care, incontinence care, assistance with functional needs.
· Provide health education, health assessments and determination if a higher level of care is needed.
· Assist clients to replace medications, durable medical equipment or consumable medical supplies.
· Advocate for client needs with Disaster Health Services supervisor.
· Support maternal and child needs as necessary.
· Complete required virtual self-paced training required for the position (~4 hours).
· Current, unencumbered license in one of the following professions: Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Paramedic, Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), Physician Assistant (PA), Nurse Practitioner (NP), and/or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
· Minimum 18 years of age
· Willing and able to volunteer in person in a COVID -19 disaster shelter before, during and/or after a disaster event
· Availability to sign up for shifts on consecutive days (shifts may be 4, 8 or 12 hours long)
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the American Red Cross!
About American Red Cross - Alabama Mississippi Region
700 Caldwell Trace, Birmingham, AL 35242, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Ozark areaHuntsville, AL 35649
November 21, 2022
- Physician Assistant
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Hurricane/Wildfire Season 2020
- Current medical license. Willing to work 4, 8 or 12 hour shifts as needed