11 people are interested
ALERT! Disaster Health Services Supervisor NEEDED! Turn Compassion Into Action!!
11 people are interested
The Red Cross Riverside County Chapter is in need of COVID-19 Disaster Health Services Supervisor temp positions.
Disaster Health Services Supervisor is a temporary position assigned to work in person before, during and/or after a disaster event this hurricane/wildfire season. The purpose of this role is to lead a team of Disaster Health Services responders to provide health services care to shelter clients. This role will act as the liaison from the Disaster Health Services team to the shelter manager. Advocacy for client needs is a primary purpose of this role.
* Lead team of licensed healthcare professionals
* Act as liaison for DHS team with shelter manager
* Assist DHS service associates with documentation and data gathering (including C-MIST interview).
* Communicate access and functional needs of clients to shelter manager
* Provide hands on care as necessary, including assistance with activities of daily living, wound care, incontinence care, health assessments, health education, and determination that a higher level of care is needed for client
* Observation and health screening for COVID-19 like illness for all shelter clients daily
* Lead the management of an isolation care area.
* Complete required virtual self-paced training for position (8 hours total)
Local: Multiple 4-, 6- or 12-hour shifts
*Length of Appointment : i.e. 1 year commitment; renewable Hurricane/Wildfire Season 2020
* A current, unencumbered license in at least one of the following professions:
o Registered Nurse (RN)
o Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
o Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
o Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)*
o Medical Doctor (MD)
o Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
o Physician Assistant (PA)
o Nurse Practitioner (NP)
o Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
* Minimum 18 years of age
* Willing and able to work in person in a COVID -19 disaster shelter before, during and/or after a disaster event
* Availability to sign up for shifts on consecutive days (shifts may be 4, 8 or 12 hours long)
* Willing to complete 8 hours of virtual self-paced training required for position
* Experience as a charge nurse, EMS team lead or physician
Training: We provide all the training!
Please email questions to Christopher Fielder, the Sr. Volunteer Services Specialist, at Christopher.Fielder@redcross.org or (951) 264-7730.
About American Red Cross, Riverside County Chapter
6235 River Crest Drive, Suite A, Riverside, CA 92507, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
he American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
6235 River Crest DriveSuite ARiverside, CA 92507
October 5, 2021
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Response
- Crisis Counseling
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment: Local: Multiple 4-, 6- or 12-hour shifts *Length of Appointment : i.e. 1 year commitment; renewable Hurricane/Wildfire Season 2020
- Do you want to IMPACT LIVES? All the training is done virtually, you do not need to leave the luxury from your home. TURN COMPASSION INTO ACTION!