Medical professionals in Lehigh County Needed to support the 2020 hurricane season!
AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
Disaster Health Services Service Associate is a temporary position assigned to work in person before, during and/or after a disaster event this hurricane/wildfire season. Volunteers in this role provide assistance and healthcare to shelter residents as needed.
- Provide hands on care for shelter clients to include but not limited to assistance with activities of daily living, wound care, incontinence care, assistance with functional needs.
- Provide health education, health assessments and determination if a higher level of care is needed.
- Assist clients to replace medications, durable medical equipment or consumable medical supplies.
- Advocate for client needs with Disaster Health Services supervisor.
- Support maternal and child needs as necessary.
- Complete required virtual self-paced training for position (4 hours total)
- A current, unencumbered license in at least one of the following professions:
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)*
- Medical Doctor (MD)
- Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
- Physician Assistant (PA)
- Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Willing and able to volunteer in person in a COVID -19 disaster shelter before, during and/or after a disaster event
- Availability to sign up for shifts on consecutive days (shifts may be 4, 8 or 12 hours long)
- Willing to complete 4 hours of virtual self-paced training required for position
About AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
701 Centre Ave., Reading, PA 19601, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross exists to provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers and employees share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world, through five key service areas:
Supporting America's Military Families
Collect lifesaving blood
Health and Safety