33 people are interested
Food Shelf Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Valley Outreach
Please visit the new page to apply.
33 people are interested
Volunteer Job Title: Food Shelf Volunteer
Description of Role:
The role of Food Shelf volunteer enhances our organization ability to destigmatize the food shelf shopping experience by providing great customer service to clients shopping in the food shelf. By demonstrating our organization’s values, volunteers will employ empathy and understanding as well as practicing non-judgement, discretion, and inclusion to foster a welcoming environment.
Key Responsibilities and Roles:
* Welcome clients into the food shelf and help with any questions
* Direct clients through the Food Shelf, assisting with item selection and bagging
* Stock the shelves and maintaining area cleanliness and organization
* Respect client confidentiality
* Customer service oriented - friendly, welcoming, sensitive and respectful
* Able to multi-task
* Flexible to move between different tasks
* Able to lift 20lbs
* Procedural training will be provided
Time Commitment: Flexible
* Monday, 9am-1pm
* Tuesday and Thursday: 1pm - 4pm or 4pm-7pm
* Friday, 9am-1pm
* Assisting with clients from the community as they receive food
* Serving as the face of Valley Outreach while clients are visiting
* The opportunity to use your communication skills to interact with clients and volunteers
* Feeling recognized in a variety of ways
I’m in. Now what? Go to our website, www.valleyoutreachmn.org and click on the volunteer tab, complete an application, and sign up for orientation, or contact me, Kenny McCoy, Volunteer Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 651-342-5563 and share that good news with me!
About Valley Outreach
1911 Curve Crest Blvd W., stillwater, MN 55038, US
We help people move their lives forward through basic needs services and personalized support.
The food shelf was created in 1983 and remains the most used and best known program. As a community with dispersed poverty and with fewer social services available, we have, over the last 10 years, expanded client offerings to include clothing, financial assistance, resource connections and customized, individual client support. We have experienced a 4-5% growth in food shelf clients in the last two years, comparable to the state average. We have seen the largest growth in-demand for resource connections and individual client support which led to initiate "Case Management" to assist with individual clients needs.
Our primary constituency is low-income individuals in the East Metro area of St. Paul yet we recognize our reach extends far beyond that and we serve all who come to our doors. We serve people faced with inequity of opportunity who are accepting of support offered through our strengths -based and client-centered approach.
1911 Curve Crest Blvd W.Stillwater, MN 55082
September 15, 2023
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Note: We are unable to accommodate fulfillment of court-ordered community service hours at this time.