Hospice Volunteer - Jefferson County (Ohio)
Personalized care plans match individual patient needs with the interests and abilities of each volunteer working in one of the following job categories:
- Direct Patient Care - Volunteers work with hospice patients and their families to provide support services such as visiting patients in their home, or nursing facility, providing companionship and supportive listening, providing relief for primary caregivers or performing the needed tasks and errands of daily living.
- Tuck-In Calls - Volunteers phone hospice patients and caregivers to see if they need medical supplies or attention in an effort to enhance comfort and reduce risk.
- Administrative - Volunteers work within the hospice office in Wintersville, providing support to the staff with clerical and administrative functions. NOTE: You must at least 16 years old to serve as a volunteer. Volunteers who are 16 or 17 can only serve as administrative volunteers.
- Bereavement - Volunteers provide support to grieving families throughout the year following the death of a patient. This is primarily done through encouraging mailings and phone calls.
About SouthernCare Hospice-Wintersville
100 Welday Avenue, Suite G, Wintersville, OH 43953, US
To honor life and offer compassion to individuals, and their families, when facing a life-limiting illness.
SouthernCare Hospice -Wintersville is committed to clinical excellence in hospice care. We see each individual as more than a patient. Our skilled professionals and volunteers design an all-encompassing program, customized to each patient that addresses not only the physical needs but also the emotional and spiritual needs of the patient and family. Our hospice teams provide compassionate care for individuals and their families when life matters most.
Multiple locations Steubenville, OH 43953
July 16, 2021
- Elder care
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- There is no set time requirement. Volunteer as much or as little as you like.
- Orientation and annual in-service training.