Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
The JAARS Health Clinic could use you. We serve those who serve on the JAARS campus, as well as providing medical support to those overseas. As a community service, we also offer immunizations for church teams going abroad.
JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. Be part of the team providing health care services to patients under the oversight of our clinic physician.
For a 0.2 to 1.0 FTE (8-40 hrs.) volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Perform patient medical exams
- Gather the patient’s health history and report on results of physical exam
- Order or perform relevant tests, analyses and X-rays
- Diagnose and treat medical diseases, infections, conditions
- Perform therapeutic procedures such as injections, suturing and wound care; manage infections
- Develop and implement patient management plans, record progress notes and assist in provision of continuity of care
- Instruct and counsel patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living and health maintenance
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Must have current NP license in good standing with state of North Carolina
- Two or more years of experience
- Experience in diagnosis and treatment of tropical diseases is helpful but not required
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.