40 people are interested
Research & Write Grants for Social Justice!
ORGANIZATION: One Africa! One Nation! Uhuru Flea Market
Please visit the new page to apply.
40 people are interested
Grant Writer Job Responsibilities:
- Is a self starter.
- Prepares proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
- Enters and monitors tracking data.
- Coordinates requirements with contributors and contributes proposal status information to review meetings.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information, coordinating submissions and collections, and identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation.
- Writes, revises, and edits drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate.
About One Africa! One Nation! Uhuru Flea Market
832 N Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19130, US
The African People's Education & Defense Fund (APEDF) develops and institutionalizes programs to defend the human and civil rights of the African community, and to address the grave disparities in education, health, healthcare, and economic development faced by African people.
The One Africa! One Nation Uhuru Flea Market (OAON Market) is an economic development institution of the APEDF. The OAON Market is a seasonal community market designed to support Black business both new and established, build a base of shoppers and supporters and build genuine economic develop opportunities where few opportunities are available. . During our April-October season we also have 2 large community events, Uhuru Health Festival and Uhuru Book Fair, both which organize the community around disparities in Health , Education and Economic Development.
APEDF is a black community-led non-profit that addresses the needs and interests of African people. African communities in the U.S. experience the highest rates of poverty, homelessness, unemployment and curable diseases. The African community faces the shortest life expectancy, attends under-resourced schools and lives in substandard housing.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 23, 2023
- Grant Writing / Research
- SWOT / GAP Analysis
- Business Planning
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours a week.
- Grant writing & researching preferred but not required.