19 people are interested
Want to help animals? Have Morning Weekday availability? Come Help Us!
19 people are interested
***PCAS Does Not Offer Volunteer Hours for Court Ordered Community Service***
Do you have Vet Tech experience? Are you comfortable in a fast paced, medical environment? Do you want to learn more about the animal welfare world? Then becoming a Surgery Recovery Monitor Volunteer may be for you. This is a critical role in our shelter and is vital to the welfare of the pets we serve.
As a Surgery Recovery Monitor, you'll be volunteering in our medical suite observing cats and dogs as they wake up from anesthesia on the recovery mat. You'll be trained on our monitoring equipment, and will be exposed to a variety of medical situations that make this a great opportunity for anyone pursuing the vet world as a career, or perhaps a retired medical professional!
The ideal candidate is:
- Positive, upbeat, and enjoys a fast-based environment
- Available to volunteer at least one shift a week, of 9a-1p (shifts are open Monday-Friday)
- Comfortable sitting on the floor for extended periods of time
- Experienced in Vet medicine, possibly either a former or current vet tech or vet student is a plus!
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must be comfortable around all breed types of cats and dogs
If you're a believer in making our community a better place, if you support an animal shelter that is a Save 90 facility, and you're an outgoing person, this may be the perfect volunteer role for you! Apply now on our website!
09:00 AM to 01:00 PM
Shifts are open Monday through Friday. Volunteers can sign up for once a week or multiple!
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Pasco County Animal Services
19640 Dogpatch Lane, Land O' Lakes, FL 34638, US
Our mission is to ensure the health and safety of the people and pets in our community by encouraging responsible pet ownership through education, legislation and by providing incentives to sterilize pets.
Our goal is to save 90% of the adoptable animals that come into the shelter. We strive to create community outreach and partnerships to educate Pasco County residents on responsible pet ownership. Our volunteers are an integral part of creating a loving and supportive environment for all shelter pets while they wait to find their forever homes.
19640 Dogpatch LaneLand O' Lakes, FL 34638
August 17, 2021
- Animal Care / Handling
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Shifts are offered 5 days a week (Monday through Friday) and are from 9am-1pm. Ideal candidate can commit to volunteering at least once a week.
- Volunteer may be asked to wear mask and/or gloves while interacting with the public/team due to Covid-19 risks.