15 people are interested
Want to Save Lives? Become an Animal Control Assistant!
15 people are interested
***PCAS Does Not Offer Volunteer Hours for Court Ordered Community Service***
Do you enjoy a hands-on experience? Have you ever been called a "people person"? Are you an animal lover? Then this role may be for you!
Our animal shelter is looking to add volunteers to an exciting role called Animal Control Assistant. These individuals will ride alongside our trained animal control officers and assist in helping make our community a better place.
Tasks include but aren't limited to:
- Report writing
- Animal handling using approved safety techniques and equipment in the field
- Educating citizens on county ordinances and responsible pet ownership
- Transporting animals using county vehicles
- Testifying as a county witness as needed for any cases that go to trial
- Cleaning, organizing and restocking ACO vehicles as needed
- Feeding, bathing and handling animals during intake at the shelter
- Communicating effectively with team members ranging from shelter staff to veterinary techs to leadership
Why is this important? Why should you join our team?
Animals, unfortunately, can't tell us where they are, if they're hurting, or how to help. Fortunately for us, we have amazing citizens who contact us when a stray dog is in need. That's where YOU come in! Come help us get lost dogs home to their families, or pick up stray pups to get them medical care at our shelter. Drive our officers around so they can update their case notes and get to the next call that much faster. YOU can make a difference with this role, so come join our team!
Important Stuff to Know:
For the most part, ride-alongs will start and end at our shelter in Land O’ Lakes, but some offsite meeting spots, such as county libraries, may also be established based on location needs. As Pasco County Animal Services, we only provide service within county boundaries.
If this is something you're interested in and you have availability for weekday work, please visit our website and complete an application today!
08:00 AM to 04:00 PM
Weekdays Only at this Time
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Pasco County Animal Services
19640 Dogpatch Lane, Land O' Lakes, FL 34638, US
Our mission is to ensure the health and safety of the people and pets in our community by encouraging responsible pet ownership through education, legislation and by providing incentives to sterilize pets.
Our goal is to save 90% of the adoptable animals that come into the shelter. We strive to create community outreach and partnerships to educate Pasco County residents on responsible pet ownership. Our volunteers are an integral part of creating a loving and supportive environment for all shelter pets while they wait to find their forever homes.
19640 Dogpatch LaneLand O' Lakes, FL 34638
October 7, 2021
- Environmental Education
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Animal Care / Handling
- Case Work / Management
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We ask volunteers interested in this role have at least 1 day a week where they can commit to an 8 hour or more shift. However, volunteers are welcome to and encouraged to volunteer for more than once a week if they're able to!
- Must be able to follow directions that may be given in fast paced situations. Must be able to follow county ordinances and refrain from providing personal opinions/experiences/recommendations when speaking to the public on behalf of PCAS.