Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing reports. Completes general ledger account reconciliations on a monthly basis and bank account reconciliations.
Ensures compliance to GAAP and FASB requirements and assists in the auditing process as requested by the CFO or the Director of Accounting.
- Provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing reports
- Prepare budget templates and reports
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Document financial transactions by entering account information
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls
- Review financial reports for trends and variances to budget
- Prepare schedules and supporting documentation for IRS 990 reporting, including travel expense summary
- Perform bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
- File State Sales and Use Tax returns and refunds
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 2-3 years of experience as a Staff Accountant
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.