Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
Use your skills to help make Bible translation and language development possible in the most remote and difficult places on earth. What you do at JAARS will impact eternity as we work together to accomplish the task.
Come join the facilities maintenance team and help us maintain the housing and office buildings for staff and visitors.
For a full-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support.
- Locate and investigate electrical malfunctions, using test instruments such as ammeter, voltmeter, and test lamp
- Repair malfunctions by methods such as replacing burnt-out elements and fuses, bypassing or replacing defective wiring, and cleaning or rewiring motors, using hand tools
- Install fixtures, motors, or other electrical equipment in the process of building alterations or construction, using shielding, grounding, and color codes in accordance with building codes and safety regulations
- Inspect existing circuits and wiring for compliance with safety requirements, and repair or rewire system to meet standards and specifications
- Repair electro-mechanical, electro-pneumatic, or other components on electrical equipment, using standard tools and gauges
- Repair both small and large electrical home appliances
- May work as member of a construction team assigned to a special project on a short-term or long-term basis
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS
- Recognized electrical apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience
- Experienced worker with two or more years of experience
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.