DONATE TO THIS
14 people are interested
DONATE TO THIS
14 people are interested
MVA is looking for a Website Designer to join our IT department. This role will be responsible for planning and developing internet sites that meets MVA needs using technical expertise and communication skills. The ideal candidate for this role is an innovative thinker who seeks out challenges and thrives in mission driven work. Successful candidates will be forward thinking, self-driven and autonomous, a team player and leader, and be committed to radical inclusion in all of their work.
- Meets with various department leaders to discuss and understand the goals of the website; and helps in visualizing a general concept and framework.
- Drafts an initial proposal and/or wireframe that includes graphics and text.
- Presents initial concept wireframe to requesting department leader; continually modifies and consults to meet
- Designs images, banners, bullets, charts, and other graphics to improve the sites appearance.
- Creates, embeds, and/or references text, audio, and video web content according to the MVA’s needs and preferences.
- Collaborates with IT Manager to choose and register a domain name.
- Registers the site with search engines and online directories.
- Provides ongoing site maintenance, updates, and support.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, Fellows, or Leaders
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
- Thinking Creatively
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Visually creative with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Fluency with markup and programming languages including HTML, XML, Java, and CSS.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge on using Wordpress to design external sites
- Extensive knowledge of building intranet sites using Microsoft Sharepoint
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Graphic Design, or similar field required.
- Two years of related experience required.
Why you should join us?
- Excellent opportunity to gain experience working in an established Non-Profit Organization
- Network and connect with key organizations (nonprofits, corporations, and government) and members of the veteran community
- Hone your creative skills, get exposure to work on the latest IT infrastructure while also getting numerous opportunities to learn, up-skill and grow with us!
- Opportunity to work and collaborate with a diverse team of volunteers from different backgrounds and experiences contributing to a passionate, warm, and energetic culture.
About Minority Veterans of America:
Minority Veterans of America is a non-profit organization that serves minority and underrepresented veterans. The organization was established in Seattle, WA in 2017 and organizes nationally through programs and events that take place throughout the year.
Minority Veterans of America recognizes and supports all applicable AAP/EEO work laws and regulations.
About MINORITY VETERANS OF AMERICA
PO Box 23054, SEATTLE, WA 98102, US
Minority Veterans of America (MVA) is a 501(c)(3) organization that is dedicated to create belonging and advance equity for underrepresented veterans. MVA will receive grants for four key purposes: The primary underrepresented groups that MVA serves are: veterans of color, womxn, LGBTQ, and religious and non-religious minorities. We believe that through bringing these four minority groups together, we can build a veteran community that encompasses veterans from a wide range of diverse backgrounds and experiences. By bringing together these specific communities of underrepresented veterans, we are able to hear the voices and stories and better understand the needs of those that we wish to serve. In properly advocating for the needs of our constituents, we have the opportunity to change the landscape of services for those who feel as though they have been forgotten in the veteran community.
MVA was founded in November of 2017 by two University of Washington Husky veterans, Lindsay Church and Katherine Pratt. Church and Pratt first began their work in 2014 through the Husky United Military Veterans where they built a Diversity Committee that celebrated the underrepresented groups within the student veteran community at the University of Washington.
Since 2014, Church and Pratt have collaborated to lead the student veteran population at the UW, Church through her role in the Student Veteran Life office, and Pratt as the President of the student veteran organization, Husky Veterans. Today, they partner to build and grow MVA in order to celebrate the identities that they both feel that they hold that make them underrepresented in the veteran community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 15, 2021
- Website Programming
- Web Design
- Graphic Design
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Security / Network Administration
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Orientation or Training
- This role requires a volunteer to give an average of 10-20 hours per week to accomplish the range of tasks and responsibilities within their position.
- Basic understanding of inclusion, racial equity, and social justice concepts. Volunteer should be physically based out of the United States