51 people are interested
ALERT!! Riverside AREA!! We Blood Donor Ambassador NOW!!! Turn Compassion Into Action!
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross, Riverside County Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
51 people are interested
Do you like helping people and saving lives? As a Donor Ambassador to help provide professional customer service in a medical setting to make blood donors feel inspired to return. Bring your welcoming smile to help save lives--support the American Red Cross blood program as a Donor Screener! Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience, executing donor temperature screening on potential donors prior to their entry into the blood drive. Blood drives are held throughout San Bernardino County. Volunteer hours accumulated can be used to satisfy applicable class prerequisites, strengthen your skills, learn new skills, or potentially lead to a recommendation letter resource.
This position and Temp-taking screening station is part of additional screening the American Red Cross has implemented in the interest of the safety of the blood supply, recipients, other donors, staff, volunteers, and general public health regarding COVID-2019 outbreaks.
- Greet donors and model excellent customer service behaviors. Manage donor flow at temp taking the station to ensure only donors passing temp screen are permitted access.
- Explain the purpose of temperature screen to donors and ensure they understand the reason for deferral if applicable. Direct donor to next step of donation or options for future donations if deferred.
Blood Donor Screeners will: Use the following supplies -thermometer and probe covers, if applicable -trash basket -gloves -hand sanitizer -Sani-cloths or Cavi-cide Wear gloves at all times and change them between each donor. Use a new probe cover on an electronic thermometer or a new disposable thermometer for each donor. Will not repeat temperatures for any reason. Will insert the thermometer into the donor's mouth, hold the probe, read the temperature, and discard the probe cover or the disposable thermometer. Check to see if the donor's temperature is acceptable. Advise the donor if above 99.5 degrees F to defer from donating on the current day. Will clean the electronic thermometer, probe, and probe wiring between each person with Sani-cloth or Cavi-cide.
* Two 5 or 6-hour shifts per month
* Able to commit to 3-6 + months
* Must be 18 years or older
* Professional, clear, and diplomatic communication skills
* Punctual and dependable in arriving for shift
* Reliable transportation
If interested in volunteering, please contact Volunteer Recruitment Specialist, Juana Zapata at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org
About American Red Cross, Riverside County Chapter
6235 River Crest Drive, Suite A, Riverside, CA 92507, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
he American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
6235 River Crest DriveSuite ARiverside, CA 92507
February 2, 2023
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least (2) 5-hour or 6-hour shift per month for 3-6 months. Daytime and evening availability, Red Cross training, volunteer orientation, and reliable transportation. IMPACT PEOPLES LIVES!!
- Daytime and evening availability, Red Cross training, volunteer orientation, and reliable transportation. IMPACT PEOPLES LIVES!!