Disaster Response Volunteer - Fairfield County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Central & Southern Ohio
Please visit the new page to apply.
Local Disaster Response Volunteers Needed!
Have compassion to share?
Want to make a difference for someone in need?
Can you make some time to help in your community?
If you answered yes to these questions, we need you as a Disaster Action Team Member! Disaster Action Team Members work as part of a team to provide 24-hour response to local disasters, primarily house fires, ensuring victims have basic necessities such as shelter, food and clothing. Become the best part of someone's worst day!
Volunteer with the American Red Cross, Disaster Cycle Services Department TODAY!
- Willingness to support the Red Cross Mission
- Must commit to and be available to respond on-call when you register for a shift
- Ensure clients affected by disaster have their immediate needs met
- Be cooperative and professional
- Conduct client interviews
- Assess damage in homes
- Provide needed resources to clients
- Request additional resources/help when needed
- Able to communicate between email and telephone
- Must be 18 years or older
- Have reliable transportation
- Ability to provide one-on-one support to persons in crisis
- Willing to respond as needed in challenging conditions (i.e. all weather types and long hours)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact with people from diverse backgrounds
- Maintain confidentiality
- Basic computer skills
- Ability and willingness to learn and use technology related to the position
- Ability to complete all required training in a timely manner
Training is provided at no cost. The Red Cross asks that all disaster response volunteers complete all essential training and volunteer a minimum number of hours a month.
If interested you can apply by visiting, www.redcross.org/volunteer, scroll down the page, and clicking on the blue "Apply Now" words. Just follow the directions from there to complete the application and background check. Be sure to have a photo ID handy (driver's license, passport, visa, state issued ID), you will be asked to upload a picture of it for identification purposes. After your application and background check process, a member of our volunteer screening team will reach out to you via phone/text/email - please be sure to respond!
For questions please contact Rebecca Chandler, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About American Red Cross - Central & Southern Ohio
995 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
We're in local communities every day, helping people prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies. When emergencies strike, people need help. A fire leaves a family homeless. A heart attack threatens a life. A tornado flattens homes, schools and businesses. A military family needs to be connected. A young child needs a blood transfusion. They need the Red Cross.
How do we empower so many of our neighbors to respond to emergencies? By mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We can't turn heartbreak into hope without your help!
Multiple locations Lancaster, OH 43130
August 31, 2022
- Customer Service
- Disaster Response
- Basic Computer Skills
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Varies depending on need and location - you register for the on-call shifts that best fit into your schedule
- Reliable transportation - Ability to sit/stand/walk for extended periods of time - Able to work in adverse weather conditions (i.e. rain, snow, heat, cold, humidity)