During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
Volunteer Position Summary:
Responsible for transporting clients who are seniors and adults with disabilities to enable them
to remain as independent as possible. Primary responsibilities include driving, completing
daily paperwork and vehicle inspections and other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
* Provide transportation to clients who are seniors and adults with disabilities;
* Complete daily inspection of assigned vehicle and report promptly to the supervisor;
* Assist senior staff in responding to client needs through transportation services and/or
* Encourage and facilitate client participation and leadership in agency and community
* Complete accurate, legible, and timely documentation of services delivered in
accordance with Impact NW and Ride Connection’s guidelines, including daily vehicle
manifests and accident and inspection forms as needed; and
* Assist the clients to access to community support systems that promote self-sufficiency
* Must pass a thorough background check
* Excellent people skills
* Experience or interest in working with seniors and adults with disabilities
* Exemplary driving record
* General computer knowledge
* Strong organizational skills
* Lift up to 25 pounds
Volunteer Drivers must complete required trainings: The Best Ride and SAFE part 1 as well as a
driving observation. Ongoing training and support will be provided by the Transportation
A minimum of 3 months, up to 10 hours per week
Reports to Transportation Supervisor
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
Dancing Tree Family Center, 10055 E Burnside, Portland, OR 97216, US
Impact NW’s mission is to help people prosper through a community of support.
We are a unique non-profit human service organization, serving over 60,000 children, families, seniors, and adults with disabilities annually, throughout Multnomah, Clark, Washington and Clackamas Counties. Our services are designed to help people improve their quality of life and live independently.
We'll work with your schedule.
4610 SE BelmontPortland, OR 97215
May 12, 2020