1 person is interested
Grand Island area: Share gratitude for our volunteers, help appreciate volunteer work!
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of Nebraska-Iowa Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Volunteer Recognition & Appreciation Lead
The Recognition and Appreciation Leads oversees the development and implementation of volunteer recognition efforts. serving different lines of service. This is a leadership position that will support all Red Cross to ensure recognition is considered by all lines of service.
- Promote the participation in the formal regional recognition programs
- Lead the One Red Cross Volunteer Recognition Committee throughout the year to ensure all lines of business are represented in regional events and activities.
- Develop and implement volunteer appreciation & recognition events and programs
- Work with the Volunteer Services Engagement Lead to support volunteer supervisors with ideas, tips, and reminders for ways to informally and formally recognize volunteers
- Promote a culture that supports volunteerism by reinforcing the importance of volunteer appreciation on a daily basis
- Support a team of volunteers to ensure that the regional recognition plan is implemented
- Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs
- Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences
- Work well both individually and with others
- Can understand and communicate a leadership role
- Relationship building skills working collaboratively with staff partners as well as board members, senior management, and other volunteer partners as needed
- Understand the value of volunteers and provide leadership and support to ensure volunteers are productive and have a mutually rewarding experience
The Red Cross will provide all training
About American Red Cross of Nebraska-Iowa Region
2912 S 80th Ave, Omaha, NE 68124, US
Mission Statement: The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. Vision Statement The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that... ...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; ...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; ...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; ...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and ...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Since our founding by Clara Barton on May 21, 1881, the American Red Cross has been dedicated to serving people in need. We received our first congressional charter in 1900 and to this day we are tasked by the federal government with providing services to members of the American armed forces and their families as well as providing disaster relief in the United States and around the world.
Today, as throughout our long history, the Red Cross depends on generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs.
404 E 3rd StGrand IslandGrand Island, NE 68801
October 16, 2023
- Professional Development
- Disaster Response
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check