We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Civic Works has 1 more opportunity, please check it out.See Opportunities
50 people are interested
COVID Affordable Produce delivery to Seniors!
ORGANIZATION: Civic Works
Please visit the new page to apply.
50 people are interested
THIS OPPORTUNITY STARTS ON MARCH 4TH AND GOES THROUGH DECEMBER.
We need volunteers who:
- are available Thursday or Friday mornings starting between 9:00-10:30, or Wednesday afternoons starting between 1:00-4:00
- can give 2-3 hours
- have a vehicle that can hold 5-10 boxes (each box is about 15"x11"x7")
- are able to lift 15 lbs and walk up and down steps
- hopefully can commit to weekly or monthly or bi-weekly for a certain timeframe (not the whole year!)
- have a working cellphone with bluetooth/hands-free capability and GPS
Drivers need to:
- sign up for 2 or 3 hour shifts
- A 2 hour shift has an average of 5 boxes
- A 3 hour shift has an average of 10 boxes
- have a mode of transportation
- be insured & licensed
- be willing to follow COVID-19 Delivery Guidelines
- start and end at Clifton Mansion (2701 St. Lo Dr.)
PPE provided by Civic Works:
- Masks (upon request)
- Sanitizer (upon request)
- Gloves (upon request)
Point of contact Gwen email@example.com
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Civic Works
2701 Saint Lo Drive, Baltimore, MD 21213, US
Civic Works' mission is to strengthen Baltimore’s communities through education, skills development and community service. Civic Works is Baltimore’s urban service corps and an AmeriCorps program. Our key program areas include community improvement, workforce development, education, and green programs. Each year an average of 2,500 volunteer groups and individuals work with us on Civic Works' and local projects to make lasting improvements in Baltimore’s communities.
Civic Works AmeriCorps members tutor and mentor students, create community parks and gardens, help homeowners conserve energy, grow food for low-income residents, rehabilitate abandoned houses, involve families in Baltimore City schools, make homes safer for older adults, and recruit volunteers. Every year, our AmeriCorps members spend a year or a summer in service to Baltimore, and in return, receive a modest living allowance, an education award that can be used for college or vocational school, and the job readiness and life skills needed to secure and maintain employment. Civic Works also trains Baltimore residents for employment in the healthcare and green job industries.
Volunteer! A variety of volunteer opportunities are available for individuals and groups from schools, businesses, congregations, and other organizations. Civic Works’ volunteers help us clean vacant lots and parks, plant trees and flowers, care for community gardens, work at Real Food Farm, research and restore the Historic Clifton Mansion, lead tours at the mansion, provide mock interviews and job skills training for our participants, mentor students, and complete many other important projects.
For more information about how you or your group can volunteer with a Civic Works project, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-366-8533 x 211.
Civic Works Clifton Mansion (P/U)2701 St. Lo DriveBaltimore, MD 21213
April 19, 2022
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Driver's License Needed
- Available Thursday or Friday mornings starting between 9:00-10:30, or Wednesday afternoons starting between 1:00-4:00
- You will need to bring your own vehicle that can hold at least 5 boxes of food. (15"x 11" x 7")