Court Ordered Community Service / With Social Distancing
Urban Development Corporation
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
11 people are interested
Urban Development Corporation (UDC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of low to moderate income families who live in Detroit, MI. We are trying to bring stabilization, revitalization and sustainability to an inner-city Detroit neighborhood located on the N.E. Side of Detroit (Mound & E. 8 Mile).
UDC would be delighted to have individuals who have been assigned by the courts to perform community service to volunteer with our organization with social distancing. We offer the flexibility of individuals to volunteer 7 days a week during the hours of 8 am to 8 pm.
At this time, we could utilize some additional helping hands with yard work to include: yard racking, grass cutting, weedwacking, fertilization, bagging of mulch, grass seeding. Also, if you have any specialized skills that may be of benefit to UDC, we may be open to allowing you utilize them to forfiil your community service hours.
About Urban Development Corporation
2727 Second Avenue, Suite 129, Detroit, MI 48201, US
Improve the quality of life and bring about positive life-style changing experiences of low to moderate income families who live in urban communities. In carrying out our mission Urban Development Corporation serves as a catalyst in the revitalization of communities through the development of activities and programs which promote clean, drug-free, healthy, safe and enjoyable family lifestyles.
The uniqueness of our organization is our willingness to address counter productive behaviors which plague many urban communities, they include: random gunshot firing, slum lording, illegal dumping, liquor stores on nearly every corner, vandalism, and the selling of illicit drugs. These activities are major contributing factors to the rapid deterioration of inner city neighborhoods and lead to a large number of eyesore houses having to be torn down.
Our efforts are currently concentrated in the following areas:
- Beautification and clean-up of inner city neighborhoods.
- Substance abuse awareness and prevention.
- Broadening the horizon of inner city youth through exposure to future career opportunities, the fine arts, and recreational activities.
- Acquisition and renovation of deteriorating properties.
- Unemployment and underemployment.
- Addressing environmental pollution concerns and issues.
- Serving as a liaison between residents, businesses; local police and municipalities to alleviate illegal activity.
- Rehab of our donated building which will be utilized as a community/employment center.