A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
4 people are interested
POSITION SUMMARY: Seeking a virtual volunteer(s) in the Dayton, Ohio area, to be an ambassador and help connect high school and college students and other younger adults (to age 30) to our services. Also, to help recruit volunteers in this age group.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Prefer addiction, mental health, and/or faith knowledge or experience, either personally or professionally.
- Also a plus:
- Knowledge of area colleges and youth organizations
- Experience with social media
- Knowledge of basic nonprofit operations
- Sales or HR recruiting talents
The position is flexible and could include any or all of the following, depending on interests, experience and availability:
- Become comfortable sharing our mission, values, programs and services, and/or volunteer needs
- Identify, solicit and cultivate relationships with individuals, schools, programs, social groups, nonprofits and business contacts for promoting our services and recruiting volunteers
- Maintain a databse to help manage contacts and correspondence
- Assist with social media messaging and campaigns
- Coordinate or assist with events such as job fairs and / or posting positions online with colleges
- Assist in the development and printing of relevant marketing materials
About MISSION ADDICTION
5980 Wilmington Pike, Sugarcreek Township, OH 45459, US
1) Provide a lifeline of support, training, resources and aftercare to individuals and loved ones, no matter where they are in their journey. 2) Healing, restoring and transforming people and families, to become the best version of themselves. 3) Grow and train an army of people ready, willing and able, to help those who need and want it. 4) Provide a spiritual family to connect, learn, and grow in faith. (You do not have to be impacted by addiction to participate and you do not have to be a Christian.) 5) Embrace culturally diverse clients and volunteers. We depend upon that variation of thought to contribute to effective services and growth for everyone. Anything is possible when we walk together™
Mission Addiction was founded by a business consultant and faith leader in January, 2017.
Connection & Community in a Spiritual Family
- The "MAP" for Healing and Recovery aftercare program; 50 topics in 30 sessions!
Tuesday Night Christian Support Meeting
- "Quick Church" blog
Navigation and Referral Services
Mentoring / Coaching
Healing & Restoration Prayer
Prayer & Grief Support
Flexible Volunteer Opportunities to fit anyone’s schedule; our program includes the rewards of serving. Don't see a fit on Volunteer Match? Fill out an application and we can probably create something: http://www.mission-addiction.org/get-involved/volunteering/
Prevention Talks - for parents & students