19 people are interested
Director of Communications
ORGANIZATION: RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
19 people are interested
The Director of Communications drives the strategy for and oversees all external communications regarding the organization and sponsored activities or viewpoints. The Director of Communications prepares annual communication action plans based on the organization goals set by the Executive Director and manages the Communications Team.Responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery of a communications action plan that aligns with organization objectives, clearly delineates goals and methods of evaluation, and budgets for estimated activity costs and resource needs.
- Leads the Communications Team, ensuring oversight of the communications strategy implementation, including fundraising activities, social media, public relations, and digital marketing needs.
- Communicates regular updates on the status of communications targets to the Executive Director.
- Works with the Director of Development to align event communication and community awareness strategies, including the development of materials and/or communications to support outreach, fundraising, and volunteer and donor appreciation activities.
- As a member of the Executive Director Team, support the development of the overarching organizational strategy, and provide quarterly updates for communication to the Board.
- Participates in Executive Director Team meetings and activities, and communicates updates and highlights to the Team.
Time Commitment: 10 hours a week
Role Commitment: 2 years
This role is expected to be generally accessible to the Executive Director Team and the Development Team, as well as responsive to emails. As a point of escalation for the Communications Team, the Director of Communications should be able to be reached within 24 hours for urgent issues, barring times of leave when a delegate should be identified.
As Rukundo International is a small, growing organization, the Director of Development is expected to be a hands-on role, whereas all Development Team duties are expected to be performed by the Director of Communications in the absence of other Communications Team members. The Director of Communications will have full support of the Executive Director and other Functional Directors.Qualifications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in developing communication strategies, including social media platforms.
- Experience in leading and managing large teams.
- Experience managing a budget and understanding financial statements.
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity and flexibility in problem solving
- Demonstrated capacity for interpersonal relations.
- Ability to work independently and supervise others.
- Committed to the mission of Rukundo International.
- Experienced with MS Office programs
- Qualified degree or equivalent experience
Reports to the Executive Director
Oversees the Social Media Manager, Public Relations Manager, and Digital Marketing Manager.
About RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
9601 Shadow Oak Drive, Montgomery Village, MD 20886, US
Rukundo International (RI) empowers Kabale, Uganda's most vulnerable populations with educational and economic opportunities that lead to self-sustaining communities.
Founded in 2014, Rukundo International (RI) is dedicated to the overarching goal to empower women and children in Kabale, Uganda, acting as a partner and advocate, to ensure they have the basic human resources necessary to reach their full potential and to be successful. RI is also dedicated to fostering global awareness between individuals in the US and Uganda, providing opportunities to authentically learn about new cultures and develop meaningful relationships with those outside their community.
- Close to 3,000 Ugandans with access to safe water through installation of four water sources
- 50 vulnerable boys who are "off the streets" due to our boys soccer program
- 136 students enrolled in the Rukundo Preparatory School
- 1,165 girls graduated from the Girls Empowerment Program
- 57 students participating in the Scholars Program
- 22 women participating in the Women’s Cooperative to gain extra income for their households
- 100+ children engaged in our weekly Community Center programs
RI is currently partnered with Kyanamira - a small, rural community in Southwest Uganda - to create holistic, sustainable programs that provide opportunities for education, nutrition, hygiene, social development, & economic success. Working collaboratively with local government officials, community leaders, and the people, RI helps orphans, financially distressed families, and at-risk youth within the community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 19, 2023
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours/week
- Previous experience with management and fundraising.