Virtual Academic Support - Tutors Needed
H.E.R.O. for Children, Inc.
H.E.R.O. for Children, Inc.'s mission is to improve the quality of life for children infected with and affected by HIV and AIDS through enriching programs, unforgettable experiences, and connections with the community.
COVID-19 has disrupted our children's school year, and many are in need of tutoring assistance. We are currently looking for volunteers to virtually tutor our children in all subjects including Spanish, Math, Georgia Social Studies, and Language Arts. Our children ages range from 6 to 18.
About H.E.R.O. for Children, Inc.
580 W. Crossville Road, Suite 204, Roswell, GA 30075, US
The mission of H.E.R.O. for Children is to improve the quality of life for children infected with and affected by HIV/AIDS through enriching programs, unforgettable experiences, and connections with the community.
H.E.R.O. for Children is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of children infected with or affected by HIV/AIDS.
We define 'Quality of Life' as the degree of physical, social, and emotional well-being an individual enjoys while being able to envision and attain unlimited future success and fulfillment. At H.E.R.O. for Children, Inc., quality of life programming seeks to achieve the following:
- Bridge gaps, created by personal and societal factors related to being infected with or affected by HIV/AIDS, which can diminish a child's potential to succeed
- Expand life exposure through a wide range of opportunities and events that allow children to experience the normal joys of childhood
- Increase social, interpersonal, and academic skills so that children are able to accomplish age-appropriate milestones, compete with their peers, and perform normal tasks of living
- Improve children's perceptions of their future prospects and overall life possibilities
- Create opportunities that will increase children's ability to function effectively, despite being infected with or affected by HIV/AIDS, and become contributing members of society.